Posts by kimmer

Hi Kemper lovers,
    I'm a new KPA owner living in Boulder CO that finally had to see what the hype was about. I had these pristine Event 20/20 BAS monitors setting in their original boxes the basement that I traded for other gear a few years back, so I figured I was already half way there to being able to get a decent sound out of the toaster. I scoped an eBay auction that was only running for two days because the seller needed cash quickly and required immediate payment - ( thanks Jeff !) fired a last second bid and won it for $ 1,375. The seller was a really nice guy that had the rig already packed up and it quickly delivered two days later in perfect condition.

After getting the monitors and the KPA loosely set up in the front room, I grabbed my Hamer Monaco Elite, dialed in a stock Splawn Nitro profile and OMG - I was totally blown away by how good the KPA sounded. Granted not an amazing cranked amp in the room sound, but I realized right there that my search for a solution to being able to practice at home was over. I've thinned down my tube amps to a Red Plate Magic Dust Duo, a tricked out Ceriatone 100 OTS/C-lator head with Merc trannies and NOS tubes, and a 2001 Carr /6 with the Red Plate OD mod and frankly, even with an Aracom attenuator between various cab set-ups, I wasn't happy with the sound and feel at lower volumes I frequently have to play at home. I pulled my Carr /6 out and A/B'd the Carr profile - not entirely fair as the KPA profile wasn't clean and my Carr has the OD mod, but with a little EQ I was like hearing the KPA do the /6 to the point that with a FOH set up, you'd be hard pressed to tell which was which.

All in all, it's been the best gear purchase I've made in some time. I'll shortly be going down that rabbit hole of considering different things like my ideal FRFR options, what to record into, KFC, how to make a decent profile to share, and all the other GAS that many forum members are all too familiar with, but I haven't been this excited to just be "playing" my guitars and making music in some time. There's a ton of things to learn and while I'm not a fan of programming or deep editing, ( which kept the Axe FX products off my radar) I'm very grateful to have the resource of such a great folks that have shared so many things in the KPA forum. You guys are a very cool group of people and your positive attitude helped me make the decision to buy the KPA. For that I thank you !!!!

Warmest regards,

Kimmer