Posts by happy_blues

I'm thinking of purchasing the powered rack profiler.
    I want to use regular guitar cabs, either a mini stack of two one-twelve cabs stacked, or a single two twelve cab.

I want to put celestion golds in the cabs. I realize that by forgoing the full range type cab that I am also forfeiting some versatility with cabinet emulation, but I don't care. That can always be changed later.

Celestion Golds: supposed to be the top of the food chain for guitar speakers. Supposed to have incredible warmth and chime.My theory is that this will help contribute to warm tube tone.
    My dilema: The powered Kemper is 600 watts and the Golds are 50 watt speakers.

I wonder what the chances are of damaging the Golds with this much power. Right now, I play at home, so I'm not worried. But in a live setting, I wonder if good clean power at higher volumes would still be too much for the Celestions.

Truth is, with a kemper, I feel that in a live setting, I might be going straight to the mixer and only using the guitar cabs as monitors. Maybe this would help?

I know there are other higher power rated alnicos out there such as WGS and Weber, but the Golds enjoy almost universal acclaim as being about the best.

Finally, has anyone else used the Golds with their Kemper? Has anyone else ever tired a Gold in a theil ported cab?

When you think about it, not many speakers or cabinets would be rated to handle all the power in that Kemper rack unit. Maybe a 4-12 cab with EVM 's? I'm trying to go light and easy!

Thanks for any comments/criticism. 8)