Posts by Meisterbarde

I'm quit new to the Kemper, but I think, for me It depends on the Track. In most cases it will be better to record especially rithm-guitars dry (at leas without delay and reverb), but maybe sometimes it can make sense to record a solo with the effects which give you the feeling while playing it. And why not! We also can record the stack and the effects on two different stereo-tracks if we're not sure how much effect is needed in the mix or to have the possibility to replace it by daw-effects if it doesn'work while mixing.

*lol* :D
    I guess it's not clear, that I'm talking about recording a live-concert. I think it would be funny overdoubbing the whole classical guitar-parts in a live-recording. And I'm doing a lot of jazz. And in modern jazz playing there is so much of dynamic interaction that overdoubbing doesn't always work - even if it's a recording session. Sometimes it works, but othertimes the rithm section is following the solo so consequently that there is nearly no chance to get back in that flow.

You can rent a studio in order to play in different rooms at one time or you have to work with a pick-up. It's no question, that we're talking about a compromise. But sometimes it is needed.

Thanks a lot for your responses!

Using the direct mix an character settings does help a bit to avoid the too boomy sound. I think I'll also try to profil my Yamaha DR8-speaker myself. I'm just very new to the KPA and not very satisfied with my own profiles yet. There is still a lot to check out with micing and positioning the amp in my room, which isn't really a good studio-room.

And yes, of course its better to record the ACOUSTIC guitar itself. But you know ... if you have any idea doing this next to a playing drummer, let me know ;)
    When I'm recording at home, I do prefer the mic-sound despite the "bad" room.

You could profile a Roland Speaker Simulator setting call "flat".
    Its flat with very smooth high end roll off.
    Its in the VG-99.
    Next time I am profiling that I will do one of the flat setting.

That would be great! Please let me know, when done! :)
    I'll have a look, if it's also in my GR55, but I don't think there was a linear one.

Hello,

it might sound funny, but did anyone already profile a very good linear speaker, like a PA- or monitor-box?

I tryed to reamp acoustic guitars (recorded live with internal mic/pickup) with the acoustic amp presets in the factory-content but they are coloring too much - even if I disable the amp in the stack-section. So I think, what I need is a very linear box, just to add some body. I use very good pick-ups and preamps. So I only need the body and warmth of a good speaker with as little coloring as possible.

Thanks a lot!