Posts by JR

Hi guys.

I have installed the latest OS 8.7.15. on my head. I have had the very same issue. After pressing a button on the remote the Kemper just froze. No sound input. Nothing works, exactly the same as described above. After switching off and on again everything was back to normal.
    This has happened twice and thankfully both times were in rehearsals. I was also in Performance mode.
    Also it happened once that my one preset, after changing a bank, had no fx the first time I selected it. After selecting a different slot and going back to the previous slot the fx (Delay And reverb ) were back again.
    This is worrisome cause I have a big show coming up in April and I have my doubts now to use my Kemper for it

I have installed OS 8.7.10 for now to see if it resolves the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Killer killer tones, great playing as well! Keith is quite the gear head for sure, but he always sounds like him that's for sure! Can I ask if this badcat profile was one of your own profiles you made, a commercial profile, or free/something that came with the kemper? Really digging that lead tone at the end of the track as well, real thick sounds great.

Thanks so much..much appreciated. All the profiles I used are the ones that came with the Kemper but I'll hardly ever use it as is. I'll tweak, add some compression or whatever is needed. I didn't even know it was Tom Hemby's amp... :) I am a huge fan of him and his playing.

Hi guys...Thank you so much for the comments. All the guitar parts were played on the Kemper but not the bass. We plugged it into a API 3124. Seeing that Keith Urban played Badcat amps in that time period, I dialed in a Badcat profile and instant Keith(well almost :) ) I used a couple of other amps as well which sounded good to me but there was a lot of Badcat. I have been a session guitarist and producer for the last 20 odd years in South Africa and Kemper has truly changed my recording career for ever. Thank you to our Kemper agent in South Africa. Lance you rock!