Posts by Tpen

Hi folks,

I am looking to purchase a Kemper for home use. I play lead guitar through mostly tube amps for personal use and an occasional recording. I play high-gain mostly and currently have a Carvin Legacy 3 through a V30 2x12 cab. I also have an Ampeg VH150 solid state which I will never get rid of. In the past, I also enjoyed Marshall JVM channel 2 tones but had to sell the Marshall because I was killing my hearing! The only power amp I have is an Alesis 100 driving a monitor setup that I use for PC use and occasionally for a synth.

Can you please recommend what would be a good option for me for power/speaker combo? Will I be happy just getting the power head Kemper and going into the 2x12 v30 for my type of playing? I also know nothing about FRFR amps and what sort of speakers I would get.

Any advice on hardware configurations would be greatly appreciated. Price is not a huge consideration. I just want to get a good sound. My alternative is to buy another am and I am considering the Bogner Ecstasy, but am worried again about volume and hearing.

I do no playing outside my room and probably never will.

Thank you!

-T