Posts by thedarkaxe315

Hey guys and gals,

I have never had a problem using my Kemper before but not I cannot get it to work. I am going from my guitar to Kemper to the Lynx Hilo to Logic X. Can anyone tell me if my settings are off somewhere? The input and output are set correctly on the Kemper but the Hilo can be a bit confusing with the software. This is a big problem because I have a session coming up in a few hours. Let me know if there are any Hilo users out there with suggestions.

Thank you in advance. See the screen shot.

Best,
    Travis

I write music for tv and film. I bought the Kemper because of it's convenience of pulling up presets quickly for revisions. It can basically do anything you want and it can even be used for playing live in a band (any style you need it for too!). The one thing the KPA cannot do is capture the air between the microphone and the cabinet. No matter what, when playing direct in it is only going to have so much depth. When you are playing and practicing it's the best thing ever! When you are doing a professional mix, the Kemper recorded tracks have a hard time sitting in their own space. When I mic up an actual amp, all of a sudden it has WAY more depth and a wider stereo image, thicker and it sounds more musical.

My question is, do any of you record your guitar tracks through your Kemper into a speaker cab with it miced up? I am not talking about making profiles, I am talking about putting a Royer a foot away from the cabinet to capture the sound of the Kemper through an actual cab in an actual space instead of direct in.

I have the non powered version so I am either thinking about getting a power amp and a marshall 2x12 cabinet and a nice ribbon mic, or selling the KPA and getting an actual amp.

Glad to read this because I have the KPA and I was using S/PDIF through a Fast Track Pro. I have the Lynx Hilo coming in the mail tomorrow. I am very excited for the openness of my mixes and monitoring. Any advice for the Hilo?

The S/PDIF on the KPA is set to Master Stereo. I put screenshots in my public link, dropbox folder and the links are at the bottom. The first picture shows the rolloff after 5k. Second pic shows the M-Audio Fast Track Pro software I use which allows Logic 9 se recognize Inputs 3 and 4. Image 3 shows the settings options:
    -When you click the S/PDIF Input Stereo option, the 16 bit sample depth is automatically enabled as well as the sample rate switching to 44.1khz. There is no option to make it 24 bits.

Does anyone else use this M-Audio software for recording their KPA into Logic? I have a gut feeling this could be my issue. The fact that I have to switch things over using this software causes other problems in Logic as well. :!:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…%20at%2011.37.27%20AM.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…%20at%2011.37.59%20AM.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…%20at%2011.38.07%20AM.png

I am sorry if this subject has previously been discussed on another thread for I was not able to find any information regarding my issue. I am playing the guitar to Kemper, Kemper S/PDIF out to Fast Track Pro S/PDIF In, Fast Track into Logic 9. I also have to use this Fast Track Pro software that enables the inputs 3 and 4 in Logic. This software also switches the format to 44.1 and 16 bit. I have never heard the quality at 48. When I look at the meters, there is a rolloff at 6 k! It sounds great but I feel like there is a major loss in quality and I do not know what the issue is nor have I been able to find any info on the internet.

I have important jobs coming up and I need this to be full quality... well, because that's why I got the KPA in the first place. If anyone has had experience with this please shine light on the subject for me. Could it be a KPA setting, the Fast Track Pro, the software I am dealing with for the Fast Track Pro? ?(

I actually think the larger one. When I go for a floor board, I need more functionality than anything. The purpose of the floor board is more control at your feet. Did you guys see my idea about adding a spring reverb tank to the floor board?

Ten years ago I was touring a lot and I would use the pod xt live with a rackmount power amp. The Pod amazingly enough fit inside the SKB case. So everything I needed fit all into one box. It wouldn't be a bad idea to create a Kemper SKB style case that can hold the Rackmount Powerhead and have a special shelf for the floorboard. I know a lot of touring musicians who would appreciate that attention to detail since it doesn't exist in many cases.

I did a quick search to make sure this was not already a thread and I apologize if it is. I recently purchased the Kemper and now that I have it I can easily find sounds that inspire me to play for hours.

I have read on this forum that Kemper may be designing a floor unit and open to ideas by KPA users. One feature which would make the KPA Floor Unit stand out from other products would be a (real) three spring, Spring Reverb tank built in. I am looking to purchase a separate spring unit for recording and reamping and this would really come in handy. It was also be cool if you could kick the floor unit so the springs would bounce!

Also, the non-powered KPA toasters could have a spring reverb tank that is connectable to where the power amp would sit. I would pay $500 for a sick Spring Reverb that is not digital! Anyone else have anything to add to this? Anyways, I am incredibly happy with my purchase and I know I will make my money back. Cheers.

Best,
    Travis