Posts by Spacey

1. Hm, I understand, Frau Karli sounds cool, but why is your Kemper amp a girl and not Herr Karl ? Can you please elaborate on that a bit?

2. My guitars are ladies and I thought always that my amps are giving the ladies the strength or power of a carrying voice, more a male job...

3. Ahhh, the hell with it, maybe it works: girls on girls !

4. Edit: Managed to play a Song, Great Sound, loved it!

Let's see...

1. First off...I love the ladies. However, there may be some underlying psychological activity occurring here. Who knows? I do have a "Black Knight" (from Monty Python) hanging from my K10. And he has a sword. So maybe that takes care of the Male Archetype Requirement :P

2. Interesting...I never thought of it that way. I suppose it depends on the amp! I think a Marshall stack is probably male. Fender Twin Reverb...hmm. Could be either. Fender Hot Rod. Probably male. I do have a 1964 (?) Vox Cambridge (Solid State...would love to have the tube version) whose name is "Bridgette." Tricky. I'll have to ask the amps, maybe!

We do have a female guitar player/vocalist in Skydivers. I think her gear varies in gender. I forget.

3. There you go :thumbup:

4. Thank you SO much! We've been working on the new record since March, and it's already sounding quite good. We've mainly been working on drums and bass, tho I've laid down some rough-ish guitar tracks just to get an idea of the direction of things. I've managed to get some very good sounds with the addition of Pro Tools plug-ins (like the SansAmp PSA-1). I imagine Frau Karli will be a great assistant on this stuff. I'm really hoping I can profile the PSA-1 sound I got. It is perfect (IMO) for the song in which I used it.

Hey .. I went to the skydivers page, couldn't listen to the music samples.. the page opened no problem but didn't see any password protection

Ah...duh...wasn't even thinking of that. Hmmm. There should be a music player at the bottom of the page.

The password protection is just on a page that I use for miscellaneous pics.

Please let me know if the player is not there...tho I dunno exactly what to do if it's not :P

Oh, and there are no KPA-related sounds in our recorded material...yet :whistling:

Hi there.. I tried to listen to your audio clips but no sound... could you check it

Hi, Stevoe...

Was that question directed at me?
    I only posted a pic (which I hope you all can see, as it's on a password-protected page).
    No audio clips...yet :P

Skydivers have been really busy recording our 2nd record, but we did this thing on Saturday...Main Street Music Festival in Ellicott City, MD. A bunch (80 or so?) of bands playing in different spots around town throughout the day. It's a bit chaotic, but it's a good bit of fun. You all know how it is.

While I was setting up, someone came up to me and raved about my guitar sound. I ran my HD500 thru my KPA (Frau Karli) into my QSC K10. Complimenter and I spoke for a few minutes (I was setting up, after all), but I was shocked to find he knew about the KPA. He had never seen one, but he knew what it is. I guess I think of it as one of those bits of kit to which only a Certain Segment of the Population is attracted. Anyway...that was cool.

Frau Karli performed brilliantly for our 30 minute set. I've still not set things up completely (I want to control Frau K with my HD500), and I couldn't hear my guitar too well because I use in-ears (only vocals) whenever we play, but I could feel the vibe.

Back to recording the record, with my new friend Frau Karli assisting :love:

[Blocked Image: http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.sitezoogle.com/u/58803/1db8ceebd9f114aa58a7efd8c7addeb1285a804f/original/skydivers-2.jpg

I'm a big fan of Maurizio70's work. Saw his great U2 YouTube (ha...nice alliteration) stuff and, if I recall correctly, DLd his sounds (even before I got the KPA...wanted to make sure I had them when I *did* get the KPA!) from links on M70's videos. Very nice of M70 to let us have those.

I imagine I might do some delay tweaking and whatever, but the sounds are quite impressive!

Thank you all for the nice welcome :)

Got to play the KPA a bit yesterday...just my Reverend into the KPA into the QSC K10.
    From the first strum, I felt like I was playing a "real" amp.
    And it's not for the "obvious" reason(s).
    I mean, yeah, some of the rigs are GREAT, but there's something else.
    It's feel...and I don't think one can truly appreciate it until one plays thru a KPA.
    I thought I must be imagining it...so I had to hand my guitar to the other guitar player in my band and have her try it.
    She was also astounded.

Couldn't get thru all the rigs...will work on that tomorrow and at the weekend.
    Will try the HD500 with the KPA, then maybe the Ultra with the KPA.
    For shows, if I can get away with using the HD500 w/ the KPA (using the HD500 to control the KPA), I will do that.

But my first thoughts are wow, wow, and WOW.
    Brilliant.
    :love:

I'll be opening the box of my KPA in about 5 hours.
    It's like Xmas (or the holiday of your choice)!

I'm a mostly clean player myself, tho I do like my overdrive.
    Tough to find clean demos...but they're out there...kinda.
    If I ever have time, I'll post some :P

Thanks!

Yes, I've heard some amazing things already.

I love the Vox sound, but I also love the really clean Fender sounds. I'm also a big fan of the Ampeg Jet20. The other guitar player in my band plays one of those...and perhaps I will be playing one, as well...soon...after I steal its soul! ;)

Hi, everybody! I've been trolling these forums for a few months...deciding whether to throw down the $ and get a KPA. Well, as you all know, the Battle of Gear Lust will never be won by us. My KPA, ordered yesterday and delivered today (thanks, AMS!), is sitting at my next door neighbor's place. I'm working OT (hafta pay for these things somehow!), so I won't even see the box for another six hours (!) or so. Very much looking forward to it, tho.

I've tried lots of gear...all of which I still have...VG99, Pod HD500, Eleven Rack, Axe-FX Ultra. My main amps are Vox: an AC15 and an AC30. Not even going to begin to list the guitars (but the main ones atm are my Reverend Double Agent, Gretsch Electromatic 5422TDC and Variax JTV-69)!

I'm thinking I'll have the KPA and the Ultra in my rack, control the two with my Ground Control Pro, run it thru my QSC K10, and that will be that.

I play mostly atmospheric/shoegazey/new wavey stuff. Bands like U2, the Chameleons, the Church, Kitchens of Distinction, and many others have greatly influenced my playing (and writing). The Edge is a huge influence on me. I'm more a songwriter, though, as I am never going to be as technically proficient as some of those maniacs out there :whistling:

I'm thinking this rig is going to be a LOT of fun.

Anyway...thanks for all the helpful stuff you've been posting. I've read a lot of it, and it all helped with my understanding of the KPA. I know I have a lot to learn, so I'll be here often.

Spacey
    Skydivers