Posts by hhimes13

Hey guys,

For live shows, I've been running out of my powered Kemper's speaker output into my Orange PPC412-HP, pretty much using my stage volume from this as my monitor. Depending on the quality of the PA, I'll either run out of the main output direct to FOH, or, if the venue PA is crappy (which many are), I'll mic the cab or just run stage volume for really small venues. I've been really happy with this setup, but I'm wondering something ...

I'd like to run a second cab on the other side of the stage if possible, and I'm wondering the best way to go about this, or if it's even possible. Can I run the second cabinet out of the monitor output, and just work to get the output volumes equal? Or, can I get some kind of y-splitter for the speaker out that will not hose the impedance? My cabs are 16ohm, so I presume with a splitter I'd be pulling 8ohm, which isn't lower than 4, so the Kemper should be okay? Is there a particular splitter you'd recommend for this?

Any advice, or if there's a preferred method to do this, please share. I'd me very grateful. I'd experiment, but I don't want to blow something up. lol.

Thanks!

Hey guys ...

My Marshall 1960B cabinet is a standard 16 ohm Marshall cab. Does the PowerRack automatically adjust its output to match the connected cab, because I cannot find any output menu or switch on the back to switch the output between 8-16 ohm?

Looks like with a 16 ohm cab I'll be getting 300w from the PowerRack, which should be fine because I'm driving 4 75w celestions. However, If I switch to an 8 ohm cab with 4 75w speakers (looking at a Mesa cab), will this cause problems and blow the speakers?

Thanks!

Hey guys.

New Kemper owner here. Got the Power Rack about a week and a half ago and am loving it. Is it possible to run stereo out to my guitar cab? All my research indicates that there's only one output for cabs and it's mono. That's kind of a bummer.

Impedance: Does the Power Rack automatically figure out the impedance of the connected cab? I can't find a setting in the Output menus so I assume so?

Also, is there a way to drive two cabs since there's only one output?

Many thanks!

Hey guys ...

Just got a Kemper Power Rack and used it for the first time at rehearsal last night. The cab I'm running through is a Marshall 1960B (16ohm). In any case, I was having a very hard time getting my volume loud enough to be heard over the drummer. I had the volume set to where the output light was just barely flashing yellow occasionally, and the master volume pretty much dimed. Any louder on the channel volume and clipping would occur.

I'm pretty surprised ... I did not expect volume issues.

Now, I noticed in the Output section the Monitor Volume is set to -12.0dB. If I adjust this volume will it have any adverse affects? Will this help solve my problem?

Thanks

I just got the PowerProfiler myself... From page 27 of the updated basic user manual:

------------
    If you intend to drive a guitar speaker cabinet, remember to activate our “CabDriver” algorithm, by setting “MonitorCabOff” in the Master/Output menu. CabDriver bypasses the cabinet simulation for the Monitor Output, while the Main Outputs feed the full studio sound to the main mixing desk of the live venue. The Monitor Output is still available and will carry the same signal that is fed to the power amp.

You will find more settings for the power amplifier on the dedicated page of the Master/Output menu:
    -------------

That should get you all fixed up. Hope it helps!

The backup option is not in the menu choices. I've inserted my USB drive, switched to browse mode, pressed the external storage soft button, but I only see options for Import and Export - no backup. Any clues what is up? I'm running the latest firmware. Thanks!