Posts by veus55

Fixed the problem!!!!
    The Kemper's firmware that came with my unit somehow was corrupted.

There was nothing wrong with either of the 2 FCB1010 units as I was able to connect to the computer and use the FCB_UnO_ControlCenter and confirm that both were working properly and sending the correct information.

When I upgraded to 2.1.1 the units worked as they should.

I hope this thread serves as a guide on how to trouble shoot a problem with a Kemper and a FCB1010.
    I have gone through so much, I am sure I can be a good resource of knowledge for anyone with a problem.
    Cheers!!!

As I have stated from the initial post, I tried to connect the FCB1010 with MIDI cables that have been working before and no luck. Anyway I bought a new pair of MIDI cables and it did not work either

I tried first a FCB unit I bought used with a regular eprom, a UnO chip AND a UnO for Kemper chip with poor results

I bought a brand new FCB1010 and tried all three chips again with similar poor results

At this point I must assume that the problem is the Kemper. I will try to get a new unit since I am within the 30 day return policy. I love the Kemper, but it is useless if I can't control it for live use.

Yes, two cables are hooked and I have the "original", UnO and UnO for Kemper.

My Kemper is new so I want to make sure I try different things before I return it and get a new one. I am still within the 30 day return policy.

I have the FCB1010 connected to the Kemper but there is nothing on the screen of the Kemper saying it recognizes the FCB1010

What I already tried:
    1) Got new Midi cables
    2) Midi setting in Omni mode
    3) Tried FCB1010 original
    4) Tried FCB1010 UnO
    5) Tried FCB1010 UnO for K
    6) Tried different FCB1010 unit
    7) Midi cables in appropriate in/out place (triple checked)

I am new to the Kemper. Does the screen display when an external Midi controller is connected?
    Is this something that only occurs with the FCB1010 Uno for K chip?
    Is my Kemper malfunctioning?

Thanks for the Help

The problem was a firmware glitch that was corrected when I upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.1.1
    Both FCB1010 units worked properly when connected to my computer using the FCB_UnO_ControlCenter

As an Axe-Fx and Kemper owner I think I am pretty neutral when it comes to these threads.
    My take,
    1)The OP's tittle was incredibly misleading.
    2)Kemper comes across as a great company. Excellent customer support even with a customer who bought from an unauthorized dealer. I do not know many companies who would offer this degree of support.

I am certainly happy to be a customer of Kemper!

Hi All!
    New user here from Miami.
    Uploaded Maurizio70 back up and I am having problems with the stomps being locked and I can't get the FCB1010 UnO to be recognized by the Kemper.
    I will be trying some more before formally asking for help in the forum.

The Kemper sounds amazing.

I am a former Axe Fx II and Line 6 HD500/DT50 user.