Posts by Robrecht

In the Input section (press the Input button) you can "unlink" any of the separate volume parameters from the Master Volume knob.

So if you unlink the Main Outs and just leave their volume fixed at a level that is suitable for the FOH, and keep the Monitor Out linked to the Master Volume knob, you've got what you need (if I understood you correctly): the Master Volume knob controls only the Monitor Out.

After playing around with the Preamp Rig Pack, I was able to turn those Rigs into usable Rigs (for my purposes) by changing the cabinet and tweaking. I think that's the approach I will take along with making some profiles with my cabinets so I have that as a speaker choice.

Thanks all!

Glad to hear that -- like I said, if the result works for you, that's what counts!

The thing is, I don't think you can simply add a separate cab profile to a preamp only profile within the same Kemper.

If you make a preamp only profile, that doesn't mean the Cab section is left empty, ready to receive a separate cab profile. At this moment, there's no way to tell the Kemper you're only profiling a preamp instead of the complete preamp/power amp/cab/mic chain. So part of the sound of the profiled preamp will be assigned to the cab section. That's why Viabcroce said to leave the cab simulation on when using a preamp profile.

Sure, you can take the preamp profile you made, call up the Cab section and scroll to another cab preset, but part of your original preamp sound will be replaced because the Kemper doesn't know that it doesn't contain a cab and will try to subtract what it believes is the original cab portion from your preamp only sound.

That's all theory of course. You may like the result anyway, and in the end that's all that counts.

Running your preamp profile through an external cab (real or simulated) instead of a cab profile inside the Kemper seems to be the best option. Or, you could always use a second Kemper to provide the cab section.

Cool!

So those are all in some way related to fx chain management. Maybe the post didn't refer to them at all, or perhaps the next firmware version will implement the fx chain updates (with parallel slots) that Mr. CK mentioned some time ago? I remember it being specifically aimed at bass players...

I think the question is: how do you want to use the profiles? You said not through a guitar speaker, so I assume you'll be running it through some kind of cab simulation in the studio?

If you profile only the preamp, you won't be able to add a cab inside the Kemper afterwards. That's because the Kemper expects a profile to contain the complete chain: preamp, power amp, cab + microphone. If a profile only consists of the preamp, turning off what the Kemper thinks is the cab section (or trying to replace it with a cab preset from another profile) will take away part of your preamp's sound. At least, that's how I understand it.

Option A. Why? Because it's less predictable. If a certain rig is temporarily on sale, you don't know when or if it'll go on sale again, so you're more inclined to seize the opportunity and buy it now. It'll help convince buyers who were interested in that rig before but for some reason decided not to buy it.

Option B, on the other hand, will eat into your regular full price sales because it is too predicable: customers will soon know they just have to wait a couple of days until the next monthly price drop.

The first design (0.1) was marked April 3rd, 2012:

The second design (0.2) was marked July 5th, 2012:

That means exactly three months and two days per point release. By my math, version 0.8 will be ready in two days. The final 1.0 release should be on... July 21st this year! :D8o :D8o :D8o;)

Edit: to be more precise, you could say 93 days per point release -- that would mean 0.8 was completed yesterday and 1.0 is coming July 19th! :thumbup:

I don't believe it would be included in to the FC.
    I think that the button just gives the direct access to the looper function which sholud be implemented into one of the next firmwares.

That's my understanding as well. Still, the presence of that button makes it somewhat likely that the looper function will be introduced together with the FC, so everyone waiting for the one is also waiting for the other.

You won't regret ordering the Uno4kemper chip. It simply works out of the box, no configuration required, and the tuner is displayed on the LCD when you tilt the volume pedal to zero!

By the way -- as to delivery times, I've ordered from them twice and they respond very quickly. After shipping, I imagine it shouldn't take too long to get from Belgium to the UK either.

Ah, ok, that's the regular Uno chip. I have the Uno4kemper one, which is made specifically to provide plug-and-play and two-way operation with the Kemper.

You might have to do a little more configuring with yours, but others will be able to help you better with that.

Don't worry, this is what a forum is for!

Judging by the instructions you linked to, I assume you have a regular Uno chip, not the dedicated Uno4kemper one?

When arranging songs for my band in Ableton Live, I often import tracks written in Guitar Pro as a starting point. Mainly to get the rhythm and tempo changes right, but also to provide a context for recording the first couple of (real) guitar tracks.

For the latter purpose, I sometimes run those midi tracks with clean guitar VSTs through Peavey Revalver. It definitely works on a technical level, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem with the Kemper either.

Of course, Guitar Pro tracks are extremely rigid and artificial -- we use it for tabbing and exchanging scores only and don't bother trying to make it sound more natural. But the timbres are ok. If your friend really played those MIDI tracks as convincingly as you say, and you can make them sound like a real unamplified guitar by using a VST instrument, reamping them with the Kemper could work, especially if the guitars don't play too prominent a role in the songs.

But I would concur with the others here: the imperfections of real guitar playing are probably precisely what he's looking for to create that organic feel.

One reason I'm looking forward to the Kemper foot controller is that the single network cable connection will free up the MIDI ports. We're planning to automate all effects changes in our band (as we already have a click track running along for occasional synth accompaniments) but still want to have a foot controller connected as a backup. I've bought a small MIDI merger to try and hook up my Kemper to my FCB1010 and the band's laptop simultaneously, but I'm afraid that will introduce an additional risk of failure and latency.

Interesting -- I went for the opposite result by setting the ducking knob to a positive value, so the pitch shifted notes gently fade in as the main note dies away:

I get a very nice delayed, shimmery effect by using the ducking knob in the harmonic pitch shifter. Put it somewhere around +2, with two voices at, say, +10 and +12 (a third and a fifth, one octave up), and they fade in beautifully a moment after you pluck the string. Try varying the ducking value and your playing strength to find the right balance.

Enable pure tuning and formant shift, and turn the formant shift knob all the way to the right. Use a nice clean amp profile (I used Ola Englund's clean EVH5150). It's like a choir of angels singing along!

(from the Delayed pitch shifted notes thread)

I haven't tried this with multiple pitch shifters in different slots, though! Giving each of them a different ducking behaviour should create some interesting effects.

I'll try and record some clips as soon as I find the time (and will be sure to try your profile, nakedzen)!

I thought it would be fun to explore our Kemper's more exotic possibilities with some "why? because you can" experiments.

1. Put a chromatic pitch shifter in every slot. Bonus points: set them so that the final pitch returns to your guitar's original pitch (for example: first slot +6, second -3, -4, +2, -3, +2) for a "slow gear" effect due to the cumulative latencies. Let a note ring on your guitar and randomly play the slots' on/off buttons like a piano.

2. Use two touch wahs at the same time. I got some very strange results with wah stomps in touch mode in slots 1 and 4, with a booster pedal in between (if I remember it correctly -- don't know if this makes any difference). It sounded strangely quantized, with weird jumps between filter frequencies in reaction to my playing volume.

Now let's hear yours!

Thanks Viabcroce,I believe we're talking about the same message.Now i'm up to 609 rigs and I'm still downloading more cool rig tones.
    Richb

You mean the message that appears after importing profiles? I seem to remember it's a generic message that says something like "all new profiles have been imported OR you've reached the maximum number of rigs". The second part doesn't apply to you, obviously.

The master volume knob controls every volume parameter that isn't unlinked. Since you have everything unlinked, it does nothing.

Among the different output sections, the powered speaker output falls under "monitor volume"; "main volume" controls the (non-powered) L/R outputs that are meant to go to the PA.

We now have Space as additional FX available in X an Mod slots.

Right... so I guess that's what Raoul was talking about! I thought it was about the old parameter in the output section. I knew the Space reverb was planned as a separate effect but hadn't noticed yet that it had been implemented. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Has anybody tested the behaviour of Headphone Space on Main Out?

I did, just now. It still affects the Main Out.