Posts by DDDD

I can download rigs from the exchange and updates from kemper but when I go to the free profiles thread and try to click on people's zip links to the profiles they made I get a page which says access denied? What is the deal with that?

I was trying to find a continuous online ups battery power supply for the kemper guitar amp so I get clean power with no chance of volt fluctuations. When I went to the CDW site, they want to know how many watts load I am running. I don't have any idea what the specifics of watt load are for a kemper when being used at a gig. Does it hurt to have more load capacity than the kemper actually uses? I would think I might want a ups that runs up to 1500 watts which is a standard power outlet circuit?

Does anybody know what unit I want to buy? I want continuous clean power supplied by the ups battery. I am not worried about a real power outage just want the cleanest power to run the kemper since my power voltage fluctuates at my place. It would be nice not to pay a fortune either.

thanks!

Are there any simple and realistic sounding built in ways to shift your notes up or down from E flat to E or E to E flat? When I tried using the pitch shift effect it seemed to only harmonize. All I want to do is bring one guitar to practice instead of two for different tunings of E and E flat. Thanks!

I have tried every combination of downloading described already with two usb sticks. My next plan is to use a friend's computer and try it again, as maybe my computer itself is corrupting files somehow. I won't be able to do that until tonight or tomorrow night.

On a different issue, just to inform fellow thread searchers, Kemper supposedly is going to fix the DSP error in the next software update. I think it might have something to do with scrolling thru rigs with autoload on. That is when it happened to me with the volume cutting out.

Did you not get the option to format the USB stick on the KPA when pushing the "external storage" soft button? I'd advice to do it from there rather than your 'puter.

I've formatted it from both the kpa and computer about ten times with two different usb sticks. I've winzipped the files to my desktop first and copied them to the root directory and also tired winzipping straight to the root directory. All I get is an invalid file readout.

There's no good name brands known for the profiler.
    Simply try another one.
    Was booting from stick, (kaos put in root folder) not successful?

I held off on the reboot because I was thinking it would be safer to try another usb stick first.

I should mention I have had further issues now...I have had the volume cut out completely a few times forcing me to turn the kemper off and on again. I get DSP error messages when this happens and when I press the DSP error button it only says 'snapshot saved'. I have no clue what 'snapshot saved' refers to or indeed what a DSP error is. Again this is all occuring without ever having updated the kemper OS from version 2.186 or loading anything off the usb stick.

what you did was exporting the current rig, and is correct that is in the shared folder. That proves that the KPA can correctly read/write the usb. Try to format the USB on PC (FAT32) and create the 3 folders on it. After copy the files on it and try first the update.
    Try also extracting first the .zip file on your computer and then copy only the kaoss.bin in to the OS folder in the USB. If you extract directly to USB it will create an extra folder in to the destination folder, making the data invisible for the KPA

I did this several times with no result and I copied the kaos file directly from my desktop. Does the Kemper normally respond to an update usb by giving some sort of instructions or prompt for action as the direction guide suggests? The kemper has not once responded to the usb stick when inserted except to say 'external storage' in small letters at the top of the LCD screen.

At this point I am thinking about doing a forced firmware reinstall, not sure what else to do.

1-go on to the last page of the System menu and check what OS version is on your unit.
    2- check that the downloaded version is actually a more recent one.
    3- downloaded rigs need to be in .kipr format (if you download rig packs they are compressed and need to be extracted first)
    4- downloaded rigs must be copied in to the shared folder
    5- if nothing of the above works try another usb stick

OS update is a newer version, and the rigs all came from the official kemper site, all the rigs I looked at were kipr files. I used the right usb folders. I can go to the store and buy another usb stick but personally I feel like the kemper is causing the issue, not the usb stick. I am wondering if I should try some kind of reboot of the kemper. Like maybe just a system reboot.

Brand new Kemper arrived yesterday. I started with new usb stick and stuck it in the kemper to format it then went to computer and downloaded latest update and checked that kaos.bin file was in the os update section of the usb stick before turning on kemper and plugging in usb stick. I never got any special instruction to follow on the kemper to update the OS. Further, I had downloaded many rigs and when I went to import them, it loaded for a long time and then informed me that there were no new imports on the stick i.e. the kemper believed all my new usb rigs were somehow magically already on the kemper (which is not true as I checked). I did this proceed about five more times, reformatting the usb each time and making sure the downloads were on the usb stick and even trying to only update the OS a couple times without the additional rigs.

Nothing has worked, I have no OS update, Kemper never recognized the attempt to update at all, and I have no new rigs as the kemper always claimed that there were no new imports I didn't already have.

Also I was getting a DSP error message in the readout that normally is for a 'snapshot' in the top right side of the main screen and when I try to check the DSP error it simply says 'snapshot saved'.

What do I do to wake the kemper up and get it to recognize what is on the usb stick?