Posts by PhilS

Hi everyone.
    I've been setting some sounds in preparation for my first gig with my KPA this weekend and i've come across an issue. I have selected the WAH WAH in Stomp D but when I press D, X comes on as well. As there is no effect selected I lose signal and it tells me to select an effect. I don't want an effect in X, is there a reason for this?
    Thanks

Sorry for the confusion guys. I was talking about my FCB1010 pedal board. I've just worked out that I had accidentally set up X to switch on D as well as X. Slowly working it all out. One more question - have you noticed that if you modify (ie add a stomp) a rig you have in a particular performance the modification doesn't transfer to the performance itself?? You have to overwrite that rig with the new modified one. Have you found this or am I missing something?

Hi everyone.
    I've been setting some sounds in preparation for my first gig with my KPA this weekend and i've come across an issue. I have selected the WAH WAH in Stomp D but when I press D, X comes on as well. As there is no effect selected I lose signal and it tells me to select an effect. I don't want an effect in X, is there a reason for this?
    Thanks

Silly question here everyone. How do I register so I can post in the private forum? I have an effects issue I want to post in the Troubleshooting section.
    Thank you.

Hi guys
    Well I now have everything I need and have just installed the chip needed to turn my FCB1010 into a dedicated controller. I have calibrated the expression pedals and now am thinking the best way to configure the switches. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to do this?? What to place where?? Maybe you've had this a while now and have worked out what not to do! Right now it seems like i'll never remember what I placed where when I'm playing live.
    Thanks everyone!
    Phil

So I came home today and saw a big parcel in my hallway.....yes my KPA has arrived! Played with it for a couple of hours and i'm blown away, i've hardly started!! Question is how do I choose when there's so many amazing sounds coming out of it! :P

I cancelled my order with Andertons, I have to say they were very good about it and understood that it was a pretty long time to wait. I reordered on Saturday with Thomann and it shipped Monday so I expect delivery any day now. Looking forward to getting my hands on the toaster and seeing what it can do! :)

So Andertons have dropped the bombshell that it's earliest end of December before I get my hands on my KPA. Ordered 3 weeks ago and told end of October. Had my deposit and signed my life away on HP for the rest. Bitterly disappointed and wondering if I'm far down the priority list as I'm on a finance deal. If I could cancel I'd give Thoman a try, last time I looked they had quite a few in stock. My CLR has no one to play with! :(

I live in Exeter, fairly close! Would love to meet up sometime and have a try out. I contacted Atomic today and they've told me there's a few left on this run and could have in a couple of weeks. Arrgghhh!! Decision time! Very handily I work at a music academy in Exeter that we could play fairly loudly, I can also have access to a room or I'd be equally happy to come to you, whatever's easier!
    Thanks again

Hi Mark
    Where in Devon are you? It's strange that i'd decided to go for the Atomic then I logged in and saw your message. Do you have the active cab? I'd love to hear it in the flesh if that was possible. Thanks very much :)

Thank you everyone. It's great to be part of this friendly forum. I've found a few people who disagree that a profiler can possibly be as good as real valves and turn their noses up and others who are convinced this fantastic. After extensive research, although not hearing one in the flesh, I'm convinced this is the way to go for me. Now to save.....

Hi everyone.
    Very, very close to pulling the triger and buying a KPA and using it as a live gigging tool. I play in a band and regularly solo so hoping this is the top solution for me. I've seen so far how great it is for studio use but is it the best solution for live performance?? Been using a 60w Fender Supersonic and a TC Electronic G system for while and have become dissatisfied.
    Thanks for any tips, looking forward to learning from you guys!
    Phil :thumbup:

Hi everyone.
    Very, very close to pulling the triiger and buying a KPA and using it as a live gigging tool. I play in a band and regularly solo so hoping this is the top solution for me. I've seen so far how great it is for studio use but is it the best solution for live performance?? Been using a 60w Fender Supersonic and a TC Electronic G system for while and have become dissatisfied.
    Thanks for any tips, lookomg forward to learning from you guys!
    Phil