Posts by Jacques65

I use line6 G55 and Sennheiser EW300. I never have dropouts. But I do check every show if the channel I am on is good enough by checking the amount of red leds on the receiver while my beltpack is still off. And I make sure my receiver is at least 2 meters away from our soundguy's wifi router.

Our bass player also has a line6 G55. She has dropouts but we found out that the battery holes in her beltpack are a little bit too narrow for rechargeable batteries. When she is using normal batteries, she has no dropouts at all.

I mostly play with the DI profiles and they are really fantastic! The character of the amp is captured really good. And it is a big pleasure to have a whole amp-channel in 1 profile and play around with various gain and eq settings. You did a great job!

Any chance there will be a liquid Friedman profile pack somewhere in the future? :)

I bought a second handed FM3 a month ago because I was curious about the possibilities. I also mainly use the same Kemper profiles (Michael Britts and Bert Meulendijks profiles). I must say that the FM3 is a great unit with a lot of great sounds and a lot of possibilities, but when I compare the best Kemper sounds I can get to the best FM3 sounds I can get, the Kemper wins. Maybe the comparison is not very fair because I own Kemper since 2013 and I own the FM3 for only a month, but the amp sounds in the Kemper just sound a bit more raw, more amp like to my ears. Especially in a band situation, the Kemper definitely wins.

Of course your opinion can be different and there is only one way to find out and that is to try out the FM9 for yourself :)

Here another song from Dino. He and George Lynch released a fantastic album:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Besides the universal Ox Box there are also the Two Notes Captor X and the Boss Waza Tube amp expander. They can also act as a load box and you can record DI with them. I never played one, but I am interested because I still have a Koch tube amp that I like.

Our band has tried to rehearse with Jamkazam for the first time yesterday. It was not very satisfying. All members had various problems. At the end of the evening, our bassplayer and me (both with focusrite audio interfaces, a 2i2 3rd gen and a 6i8 3rd gen) were able to jam together. And we had a good sound without latency. Our singer (with a Steinberg interface) had problems because she heard a lot of cracks. And we only heard her singing in the left channel. Our other guitar player used his line6 Helix as an audio interface, but couldn't even get to play in our session. He was greyed out and the message we got was ´no audio from John'.

We are going to try and fix the issues this week because, when it works Jamakazam is a really nice tool to rehearse in these times. I think it is a lot busier than normal on the Jamkazam servers so that also might be a reason we are encountering problems. Beside the fact that our singer and our other guitar player are no whizz kids :)

I am also a rock/hard rock player and I have the same experience. I have returned the cab. Compared to my Palmer 1x12 cab with a Celestion Creamback or with my Friedman ASM12, the Kemper cab sounded thin and harsh at higher volumes (monitor out at -30db). At bedroom level it sounded good. I have read the manual (7.2) and I am sure I did everything right. I use mainly MBritt profiles.

+1 for the Sennheiser HD25! After years of use, my Sennheiser HD400 (which i boughts back in the 80's) died. After reading a lot on this forum, I bought the BeyerDynamic DT880 two weeks ago. It is not a bad headphone, but I wasn't completely happy with the sound either. So after reading this thread, I decided to buy the Sennheiser HD25. And I am very happy I did. The guitar sound is a lot bigger and more fun to play. The BeyerDynamic goes back.

Thanks for the discount Michael ! I finally bought the BoC pack. Should have done that a long time ago :) There are a lot of great profiles I like in this pack: Bogner Goldfinger, Soldano, Matchless, TKO all sound very very good!