Posts by carsnguitars58

Hmmmm...
    I'd really consider learning to do the re-initialization.
    But it has to be at your comfort level.

Back ups are pretty easy.
    1) Get a thumb drive. (Clean if possible)
    2) Insert it in the Kemper (Follow the prompts to either format the thumb drive and/or perform the back up)

In my experience, the re-intialization didn't lose anything, but did stabilize what I had stored in the Kemper.
    (My particular issue had to do with the Rig Manager)

FWIW - We'd all love to see an effort like this bury this issue with the Remote.

Another thought...
    Have you tried or has anyone recommended a system "re-initialization" of your Kemper?
    If I recall, it's pressing the system button while powering on.

I haven't gotten my remote yet, but on the few occasions where my Kemper was acting flaky, a re-initialization cured all it's ills.

I'm trying to remain hopeful these "out of stock" conditions are a result of Kemper's database being skewed by the many duplicate (cancelled) orders we were instructed to request.
    If the warehouse(s) are indeed depleted or lean... :(:/

which is because you had an old and a new order number. we honor your old order, we didn't exclude your new order from the list. our bad.
    gs

I'm having a similar situation and I'm hoping G String might or someone might be able to help with.
    It's the same deal with twin orders tracked in my account.
    The original (cancelled order) 3447225 I had already received a confirmation message with delivery expected on or about Calender Week 18: From April 27th onwards
    I just received a message for my current order 3447382 with a scheduled to ship date of Calender Week 20: From May 11th onwards.

I did already send a message on April 8th to customer service, but haven't received any response yet.
    I'm doing my level best to remain calm, but edging a tad towards nervous hearing the out of stock notes.

Thanks for all you do.

@lazvideo - I don't think anyone would dispute the FCB1010 operating via midi with the Kemper just fine.
    But, I don't think you're taking into consideration the additional functional sweep experience available using a dedicated expression pedal off of the Remote.
    Having used both FCB and a dedicated expression pedal, there is simply just no comparison... IMO
    Whether this is worth it as an investment, it's (as always) an individual decision.

Here's my remote, together with 2 Dunlop DVP 3 Volume (X) pedals in a custom size pedal case from Thomann.

Following @klaascoenraads recipe of pedal-board lining, I discovered a product referred to as "Kaizen Foam"
    To those who understand Kaisen, it's used here just for marketing purposes, the product itself still is very cool.
    Anyway, I ordered and received a 20mm 2 x 4 foot sheet and have to say it suits my needs perfectly.

With my Remote arrival received, all my trimming is now done.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24636812

Couldn't have asked for a better set-up!
    Looping the 25' cable a little larger, I'll actually be able to tote that in the enclosed in the case too.

Thanks again @klaascoenraads for the great idea!

Once complete, it passes beta and is ready for production, I'd like to nominate both @DamianGreda and @GuyTarero to be considered for their time, energy, innovation and value to the community for this project.
    (If I neglected to mention any other the core code engineers involved, I apologize)

Once complete, Kemper Inc. should consider dedicating web space for core code and user dialog if possible.

I expect this is a labor of love for them, but perhaps discount or free Remotes or the like as fair compensation for their efforts seems reasonable for their contributions.

@RobT Wow! Kemper Quality Control had better take a close look into this one for you.

Granted you could use another CAT5 type cable and download the instructions in the interim, but there's no reason you shouldn't have received everything you paid and waited so patiently for.

I've been in tune with Tony M. since my early Mesa Triaxis days.
    Tony's Remote overview differs from others so far with more detail that I've seen.
    And although Tony tends to stray towards the opinionated, typically he has had some goods points.

But I will have to agree to disagree about his overall rating for these following reasons.
    1) Tony quibbles way too much about the value/price neglecting to emphasize that the Remote is the ONLY unit capable of interfacing with Kemper as it does displaying all the valuable functions of the unit.
    Yes, other midi can interface, but their respective displays fall way short of the display performance of the Remote.

2) I don't agree about his comments citing more functionality should be incorporated.
    It's a Remote! Best to keep it simple and retain the in depth programming on the Kemper itself. IMO.
    I want my Remote to act as a functional "satellite" without being burdened with programming complexity.

3) Tony (and others) seem to be dwelling way too much about the Looper feature.
    Personally, I would have invested in the Remote whether it had the looper or not. To me, it's kind of cool to have the ability, but neither a show promotion or stopper either way.

BTW - I could be wrong, but what Tony refers to as "paint" is actually a powder coating finish which is way more durable.

Having all the respect for Tony M. and his reviews, I still choose to believe Kemper got it right.

The real credit has to go to Deadlight Studios.
    It's a true testament of any quality profile capture when it just sounds so terrific across the board.

It was only happenstance that I tweaked it like I did in order to discover those results.
    (I then lost about 4 1/2 hours enjoying the tones) :P

@Michael_dk - Turning the knobs is of course always an option, but with so many profiles to select from, no one could possibly have the time to experiment like that with all we have available to us.
    Which is kind of why I launched this thread in order to showcase those profiles which really stand out.

There I go, another shameless plug... :rolleyes:
    Anyway, please share yours here if you find any.

I found another real beauty, but I tweaked some to my taste. Sort of a Diamond in the rough for me.
    I began with the MARS VM OD1 Hi Sue offered in the Merged Rigs Pack.

It felt like all the stars aligned once I switched off the delay and brought the gain down to 4.8.
    Can't say I'm familiar with the Marshall VM215C, but it has since displaced all other Marshall profiles I use.

Very cool tones and dynamics across the board.
    Special thanks to Deadlight Studios. :thumbup: