Posts by erm87

Thanks for the information.
    I was thinking the Saffire 6 USB would be configured in the Universal control software like the others I know.

Hey Ingolf, to be honest I don't even know what the Universal control software is. Is that the name brand of the software? By who?

Hey erm87, do you use the MixControl software from Focusrite when you dial in your settings?

Hey Trainwrecktwostep, I didn't know MixControl software existed. I'm downloading it now and going to mess around with it. Thanks!

Glad you're sorted but now I'm curious. :)
    You had to install firmware in the Focusrite device?
    Wasn't it a simple settings problem in the configuration like I suspected?

I don't think there is a configuration menu for the Focusrite interface. I installed two driver updates (http://us.focusrite.com/usb-au…s/saffire-6-usb/downloads) but there is no actual application to configure the interface. It seems like it's just plug n' play. In OS X 10.9.2, under System Preferences > Sound, it shows that the Saffire USB 6 as my selected input and output device but there aren't options to adjust anything.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Logic.
    You need to tame the input sensitivity of the Focusrite interface.
    Open up Universal control and set the flag accordingly for the input you are using.

You were right Ingolf, it was the interface. I reinstalled the firmware and the problem disappeared...definitely should of thought of that sooner. Thanks for the help guys!

Hey guys! I'm having a bit of a problem directly recording from my Kemper Powerrack. I've tried to search this problem but haven't had any luck. I'm recording using the Ola Engl profile but the problem occurs for all profiles.

Setup: Guitar > Kemper input > Kemper Main Output Left (XLR) > Focusrite Saffire 6 USB interface > Logic Pro X

Problem: No matter how low I set the Input Gain on the Focusrite, the waveform for the recorded track in Logic is a solid block and just holds the mixer level maxed out. I have the Kemper Master Volume set very low. When I go ahead and set the Master Volume completely off, the level in Logic still bounces around -21 dB, even with the Noise Gate on. Neither the Kemper Input or Output are clipping and the Focusrite input signal doesn't clip either.

The monitored audio and guitar tone sound fine when recording but I don't get a normal waveform -- just a solid block because it's showing a maxed mixer level. I'm hoping there's just something simple I'm missing here but I've spent a few hours going through a bunch of settings in Logic and on the Kemper and haven't had any luck.

Anybody have an idea on what's going on?

Thanks guys!

I lifted the case off last night and had a look around and the only ribbon cable I saw was securely in place. I didn't even think about the front panel until just now reading your post. I'll try that today to see what I find. But I think you're probably going to be right that it isn't the issue.

The tone is so close to my fingertips!

I've read in the manual that in the System menu there is a "Display Contrast" setting which could maybe be a possibility. Unfortunately, as the display is blank I can't tell how to get to the setting or what knobs/buttons would change the it once there.

Could anyone give me a button combination after hitting the System button to get to the Display Contrast setting? And what knob would control it once I get to it?

I eagerly opened my new PowerRack and powered on per the user manual instructions and my record level of anticipation hung in suspension (literally, I just stared at the unit for about 15 minutes) as nothing ever appeared on the display. CRUSHED.

My emotional roller coaster aside, the unit seems to work fine as in I can blindly browse hearing the different amps as well as all the other LEDs, knobs, and soft buttons seem to work. It's just that nothing ever shows up on the screen. The backlight on the LCD lights up but that's it -- no flickering or error messages. I did contact Kemper and will get another unit shipped, but it's going to be a couple weeks. Thus I just wanted to check in with the community to see if there is anything I can try in the meantime or if it's discernibly an internal hardware issue.

What I know:
    --Rep at Kemper said he personally updated the software to the latest version before shipping; I assume this meant the screen must of worked at the time.

What I've tried:
    --Different power outlets
    --Boot into Maintenance Mode (still blank screen but lcd backlight now indigo)
    --Reset the last used rig
    --Midi settings rest
    --System reset
    --Installed the latest 2.1.1 Release via USB

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!