Posts by ur2funky

Wow...Scott here...gee, thanks!!! Very nice, thank you(s)! Making me smile!

I was just thinking I need to redo them for a Humbucker guitar. It sounded great with my Strat, but I just recently tried them with a Gibson, and maybe they're too mellow and jazzy (which some people like). But that amp is capable of some great twang too.

Thanks for the motivation! I will profile it some more biased on a Gibby guitar and start another thread.

The amp has a nice tube tremolo, I wish I could capture that. But the Kemper has a nice trem in it too.

Here's the original amp thread

And my Bogner Barcelona profiles were popular, check them out if you like.

Thanks again!!!

~Scott

I was think about this, good price, no expression though.

http://www.peak2005.com/j/midi…oot-controller-ver20.html

Any thoughts, I'm a midiot. Has cc commands, just want to turn stomps on/ off and step through performance mode.

I may be wrong, but that looks like it has banks of 4 presets. You could just choose presets with this and Not turn on and off Stomps in those presets.

The simplest way to step up and down thru performance mode and have access to two Stomps/Effects is with momentary switches. There are several on the market, or build your own for less than $30 US. I made mine, and they're super simple to wire, no batteries or power supply, and no programming.

Or use these four momentary switches together with the Peak to change patches.

Of course there is the Behringer controller with the uno chip...vol, wah, patch change, stomps and in one setup.

My head is spinning...both of these opposing viewpoints make sense to me.

Does XT suffer the same " tone suck " issue as Jamman Stereo? If yes, how much it's noticeable with KPA ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Digitech got the Express XT right, it's true bypass, and overdub after overdub retains clarity. Something the original JamMans are not good at.
    Digitech has been updating the JamMans, so a recent Solo is better than an old Solo in this regard.
    I haven't tried the Delay one, but I think those were good from the get-go.

Unfortunately the Midi Moose doesn't come with an expression input. The jacks I put on mine are the Kemper's inputs and so you have to choose to use the switches or pedals or a combination.

But there are other controllers on the market that offer expression inputs. The Roland GFC-50 is a small one, and you can find ARTs cheap, but then the size issue is back and Behringer looks better.

Here's a list of Foot controllers

I should mention that at home I have a stereo setup, and my xt looper is stereo, but I normally just run the looper off of one side of the outputs, otherwise in mono, and the looped material is just on one side. I like just using the one side, it sounds good.

When I bought my Kemper it came with pretty much every TAF profile made, along with tons of SoundSide, Pete's...

I can only assume these were all bought and paid for legally as the seller claimed.

+1 on what Delinquent said. I bought the express xt because it's stereo and runs on a 9V, which the Ditto doesn't. Or wait for the X2.

I'm really happy with the xt. It sounds great (which all loopers don't) and 10 minutes of record time is nicely excessive.

Hey ThomasMike,

Sure, be glad to help.

You need to use "momentary" switches, also known as "non-latching" switches. I used these soft-touch ones found here.

You can have 4 switches, 2 switches and a expression pedal, or 2 expression pedals at one time. You choose these settings in the Kemper's System menu on page 4.

Instead of drilling into your Midi Moose, you could make a 2 or 4 switch box using an enclosure . Here's a couple I made before I had the Moose...

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-3w4XcQs/0/M/DSC_0493-M.jpg]

They connect to the Kemper with a 1/4" stereo (TRS) cord. So you need two stereo cables for 4 switches.

Very easy to wire, just connect the ground to the same lug on each of the switches, and one of the other lugs goes to the Tip and the other to the Ring.

You could run the two stereo cables and the midi cable zipped tied together to have a "snake", or I choose to wire everything using a VGA cable, since it has 15 leads...
    [Blocked Image: http://www.showmecables.com/images/catalog/product/130CX-06one.jpg]
    This plugs into a breakout box in the back of my lunchbox Kemper in the space where the power amp would go. The breakout has two right angle TRS cables, a right angle midi cable, and power for the Moose and it's now courtesy 9V outlet. These stay plugged in all the time, I just need to plug the VGA cable in and it's ready to go.

I've been using the switches for a solo Boost in the effects section, and a rotary speaker, both "Locked" so they behave the same in all presets (love that Lock feature!)

I also play in a trio with another guitarist and drummer, and then I lock one of the switches to transpose down an octave in the Stomp section, and have a very usable bass guitar tone. People love it when I go from playing bass lines to a screaming lead with a toe tap...thanks Kemper!!!

Hey TF,

You can't do that with a stock Moose, but I modified mine to do just that, plus use a expression pedal and power additional 9V pedals with the Moose's power jack, and it connects with just a single cable to the foot controller.

Details are here

Or you could make pedals just to control the Stomps/Effects, which I also did (see my profile picture to see a couple). You can have 4 switches, or 2 switches and an expression pedal.

Hey All,

The Behringer foot controller is just too big for the small stages I play on, and even too big for me at home.

So I bought a used Tech 21 Midi Moose and installed 4 extra momentary switches to control Stomps/Effects besides the midi control...

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-hXzcZXx/0/L/DSC_0633-L.jpg]

This connects to the Kemper with a single VGA cable and is a small 17" x 3.75"...

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-rxvmbDK/0/L/DSC_0620-L.jpg]

The 15 pin VGA cables are inexpensive, and can daisy-chain together for any length. You might know them as PC computer monitor cables.

The single cable also powers the the Midi Moose, along with using the power jack on the Moose as a courtesy jack for powering another pedal, or even more if using a daisy chain 9V cable. I currently use this to power my looper...

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-TQJQ3B9/0/L/DSC_0622-L.jpg]

I added a jack to plug an expression controller into it too. This overrides two of the switches when plugged in...

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-xF4wrzP/0/L/DSC_0621-L.jpg]

The switches sit high enough that you can't accidentally hit the switches on the bottom row...

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-hXzcZXx/0/M/DSC_0633-M.jpg]

It works well and is small and portable. Plus just one cable to the foot controller! It still could run off batteries and use a midi cable if I needed it to.

It was a pain to wire up the VGA cable, but now that it is done, I am happy.

I vote for no quantization, or at least to be able to switch it off.

If you can't time a single button press to define a loop, chances are you can't play with a metronome for a defined length.

This goes back to available record time. The more choruses recorded, the less effect a mis-timed loop end/beginning has. It becomes an occasional hiccup instead of a groove killer.

Line 6's HD500's looper has reverse, half speed and 48 seconds recording time (in half speed). It doesn't seem to have any affect on the processor to use the looper or not.

For me Reverse is definitely fun but not essential, and the 48 seconds isn't quite long enough.