Posts by enghell

Same here, it's not really the easier access to every rig on the rig exchange, but the easiness to compare and reduce the number of rigs in the KPA. Started doing that yesterday and I've probably already deleted 100 rigs from my KPA.

In any way, this is a big step forward.

I haven't even had time to try all my guitars (or my bass either) through my KPA, but they're all equipped with humbuckers. My main 7-string that I've been using has got a calibrated set of Bare Knuckle ceramic Warpigs and it sounds amazing, both with higain and clean profiles. The KPA is made for humbuckers (and singelcoils too if that's what is prefered). :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Go with Cubase, if you like it.

There are several options when it comes to a DAW, but if you're already familiar with and if you like Cubase, why change?
    I've been using Cubase since 1999 and find it a great tool. I tried ProTools for a while, didn't like it, but it's a great DAW too, just a personal preference.

I've got version 6.5 since I believe I need to upgrade my computer to make version 7/7.5 run really smoothly.
    So in case you do go with Cubase 7/7.5, be sure you meet the specs and have enough power for it, otherwise you might get disappointed. :)

Hey guys.

I'm Peter and I've been lurking these forums for a while, eager to soak up some knowledge and finally I had the economy to buy myself a KPA (black Lunchbox) and registered myself.

I'm a long time guitarist and home studio owner (also used to own and run a semi-pro/pro studio about 10 years ago) and I've been looking for the best solution for recording the music I'm playing/writing/recording (extreme metal mostly) and finally I've found it in the KPA.

So, I am very satisfied with the KPA (even if I've only had for a week), it's a true wonder of modern technology. I've own and used amps like Peavey 5150 and ENGL Powerball (and some Marshall many years ago that I don't ever remember what model it was) as well as an old Line6 POD, and most lately been using Line6 PodFarm (since I've been moving between Sweden and Australia and now back to Sweden again). The Peavey and ENGL amps were great but are sold because of me moving between countries. The POD is somewhere in a drawer and while PodFarm is great and flexible to use, I've never been very satisfied with the actual sound. Sure it works pretty okay on clean sounds, but on higain sounds, not so much.

But now with the KPA it's all just awesome. I've finally found what I was looking for and I have come home, so to speak.

I would post photos of my home studio here, but atm I'm kinda squeezed into one room since I'm currently looking for a permanent place to live, since I moved back to Sweden just a while ago. I'll post the gear that I'm using if anyone cares though. :)

Anyways, that's something about me. :)