Posts by theoptimizersARA

Just ordered the rack. Can't wait to put it thru its paces. From what I hear it's all good! Got the new variax, HD500, Kemper soon to come, what else can you ask for. :thumbup:

Well, how about something so you can hear the fantastic simulations you are going to produce. :P

BTW, I also have a JTV, but the HD500 became useless (except as an expensive foot controller) when the Kemper arrived.

I did keep my DT-50, though (for sentimental reasons).

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'd like to make sure we are on the same page...

• I don't advocate using both a real cab and simulated cab. I'd use one or the other.
    • The KPA controls imply that I can discretely remove the cab simulation from the rig profile. If this is not true, then nothing I've said makes sense.
    • If you are trying to render the rig sound accurately, why mic a CLR from a KPA when you could take the signal from the Master out?

I guess if you're on a small stage without a decent PA and you want to want to hear the accurate cab simulations, in addition to the amp simulations, then a CLR makes sense. But, if you have a PA or you are in a studio, there shouldn't be any need for a CLR.

I hope that I when I turn off the cab simulation, I'm getting an accurate amp simulation through my cab. If I'm still getting significant cab artifacts,...

... well I still like the sounds I get anyway. :P

I've only had my Kemper for a month or so, but it seems to me the best way to set the levels for rigs you want for a gig is to load your desired profiles into slots in a performance (a performance is represented by a group of 5 rig slots). Then, adjust the relative levels on the slots by tweaking effect or volume settings. Then, when all the slots are leveled appropriately (relative to each other) save the performance.

I believe this will allow you to use identical rigs in more than one slot, and adjust the slot's levels independently. So, you don't have to modify the actual rig profile itself.

Then, during a gig, you can just switch between slots in your performance. If you need more than 5 leveled rigs profiles, you can use multiple "performances".

... My second choice was going to be Gator GR-4S but I heard it is hard to screw the KPA in there.

I got the 6U version of the Gator case (GR-6S). I had no problems inserting the KPA PowerRack. I've only had it for a little over a month. But, I use it everyday, and everything is secure.

Please help me understand better. Let's say you have a Power KPA. And, you have hundreds of (coming up on 600 myself) mind blowing amp profiles.

Why try to simulate a 4 speaker cab through a single speaker CLR?
    Why not find a cab that sounds great with an amp profile that you like (without the cab simulation)?

If you are going direct to a PA or studio recording, the cab simulation seems critical.

I have tried a Mesa cab and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe cab. I haven't been able to try a CLR yet. But, it seems to me that it wouldn't necessarily sound better. It would probably sound closer to the simulated cab. But, unless it was a 1x12 cab, I just don't understand why I'd want to try to emulate the cab sound through a CLR.

Please help me understand. Thanks.

BTW, I love the KPA through my Fender cab, and it was much less expensive than a CLR. Am I crazy?

Thanks guys. I went the Pod HD route a while ago, and it left me cold.

I've had a POD HD 400 and 500. For clean sounds, they just sound wrong. I sold them.

After I got the PowerRack I got a used Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab. It sounds good, but I just needed clean tones. So, it seemed like the cab was whispering.

I traded that cab for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe cab. The KPA and the Fender cab sound perfect for me.

My name is Cass, and I'm a tone-a-holic.

I've had my PowerRack for a few weeks now. I'm lovin' it. I mostly fool around with the Kemper at home and with a few friends.

I've owned a Line6 HD500, and the cleaner tones were nowhere near as good. I still own a DT-50, and I still like it. But, I can do so much more with the PowerRack and a cab.

I've downloaded a ton of rigs, and am really enjoying the variety. I profiled and uploaded a few of my amps, and I hope someone finds them interesting. Please let me know what I could do better in the profiling process.

Thanks,

Cass