Posts by DaveK

Hi, This is my first post on this forum. I bought a KPA two days ago. It is phenomenal at reproducing authentic sounding amps - I profiled my Mesa Boogie Road King, and the sound from the KPA is nearly indistinguishable from the real thing. I love the KPA and would like to keep it, BUT...

I can't get it to recognize a USB stick. I've searched this forum and the web and read everything I can find. Before I open a support ticket or return the amp to Guitar Center, I thought I'd ask for ideas. I can't think of anything else to try.

What I've tried:
    7 different USB sticks, 6 different manufacturers, sizes from 512 MB to 16 GB.
    2 brand new sticks, fresh out of the package.
    Formatting sticks as FAT32, FAT, exFAT, NTSF.
    Formatting sticks on a PC, and on a Mac.
    (Macs put system files on the USB. I've deleted those, and re-formatted on a PC.)
    Doing a quick format, and a full format.
    Overwriting with zeros.
    Inserting the USB while the KPA is on, off, and in the middle of booting.
    Booting to Tuner, Browser, and Performance mode.

The firmware version currently on the KPA is 1.0.9.7426.

Odd, I just noticed that the internal serial number doesn't match the serial number pasted to the bottom of the unit. Supposedly Guitar Center already sent the unit in to be repaired for some other problem - maybe the serial numbers got mixed up at that point. Assuming the tag on the outside is a serial number, of course.

Thanks for any help. This is really frustrating.
    Dave