Posts by fserv

During the last gig I experienced some annoying issues, never reported on the previous releases.

- significant delays in program changes (between slots, but mostly between performance banks)

- occasional delay when raising volume with foot controller (initial sound drop off)

- on random fast changes (performance banks and slots) the Kemper and the midi controller both freeze, no response at all. Reboot required (with significant delay in the shutdown procedure). Rebooting the midi controller didn't fix the freeze. After rebooting Kemper it worked.

The configuration is Kemper rack with OS 7.1.5, Behringer Fcb1010 foot controller with Uno4kemper chip.

Anyone experienced similar midi issues?

The CLR is back again, sounding even better than before. I shipped the poweramp unit to Atomic Amp in USA, and very quickly they sent me back a new poweramp to replace. The mounting operations were very simple.
    Atomic Amp proved to be very reliable and to take care of their customers.
    Much appreciated and very satisfied. Only good words on that company.

just a quick update... after several emails Atomic Amp support finally answered.
    They suggested to remove the poweramp unit and to ship it to them (in the US). The repair would be for free and both the shipping cost in charge to myself. I'm evaluating the costs, but I think I will go for the shipment.

Unfortunately I have to add myself to the list of the Atomic Amp disappointed users.
    I bought a CLR active monitor 1 year and a half ago (1 year warranty), and some weeks ago I found out that it's not working anymore (very low level from the speaker and a loud hiss, like white noise coming out from the monitor).

I wrote several emails to Atomic Amp (to support and tking accounts), asking some suggestions, open to many different solutions (ship the monitor to their repair center, replace a unit they would send, bring the monitor to an authorized repair center, arrange the repair for myself to a generic repair shop, ...).
    Of course no answer at all, as already occurred for other users, as far as I read on the forum.

Atomic Amp had the same approach after the order (I didn't received any feedback for many weeks after the payment, on the order status and on the shipment details, until they replied after many many emails).
    Of course, I'm really disappointed by the product that I consider a good product, but definitely unreliable (I cannot be happy to spend 1600 euros for a product broken after 1 year and a half).

But what I really can't understand is the total lack of support, that is unacceptable by a company based on web marketing (no distribution in musical shops, only e-commerce and the only user interface is the email).
    So far, my experience with them is 100% negative.

Hi,

I can’t create a delay effect resulting in a real ping pong delay bouncing from one channel to another, based on a linear decrease of the repetition level, probably due to my lack of knowledge of the delay parameters.

I will try to explain it better.

My current preset is based on a dual delay, aiming to get a dotted 1/8 time value, with the following values: Note Value 1: 6/16 (1/4 dot), Note Value 2: 3/16 (1/8 dot). The result is a delay bouncing from left to right and vice versa.

The problem is that the volume of each repetition is not decreasing in percentage according to the level of the previous repetition occurred on the other channel.
    It is as if the two channels have independent scale of decay of the sound, not linked each other.

If I assume the values as percentage of the volume level in comparison to the original sound, I would expect to have a similar decay pattern (take the values as examples):

100% (original) à (80% on the L) à (60% on the R) à (40% on the L) à (20% on the R)

And the feeling of the current behavior is as if the levels of the dotted 1/8 were added to the dotted ¼.

As far as I remember, there were many rack multiFX providing a real ping pong delays, giving the impression of the sound really bouncing between the channels.

What am I missing in the parameters settings?

thanks

Thanks for the reply, but I see only version 1.8.2 for compatibility with latest version.
    I've just upgraded to 4.0.6 and I'm confident I'll have no problem, but I would be happy to have an older version with me during live gig, in case of unexpected problems. :)

I confirm the bug. Rig stored in slot #4 is loaded in slot #1 at startup, and the slot name is the name previously stored (that doesn't match with the loaded rig).
    The problem is that even switching back and forth with another performance the situation is not restored. The wrong rig is still there. I have to recall the original rig and store it again in the first slot.

Hello, I'm quite new in the forum (this is my first post... :) ) and I've just uploaded a new rig with a Suhr Riot in front of a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
    I used a SM58 (without the grill...sorry, I haven't a SM57 :) ) centered and an Audio Technica AT4050 on a side (to add a little bottom end).
    You can find it in the RE searching for "riot" or "servilio".
    I hope you will enjoy it.