Posts by texasflood

I thought I'd seen everything. Free updates to improve the Kemper beyond what I was buying at the time and now there are complaints.

I can't see the problem here either.

Like many replies - don't update RM (change the RM settings as suggested) and the Kemper and you have no problems.

I think his problem is due to having updated RM by accident...

/Carsten

spottydog10

there will be a new version within the next days which is likely to address to issue you're facing. those types of issues need to be looked at by a developer, therefore the reply to your question might take longer than normal.

For the record..

I am on RM V3.0.105.16051 and toaster V7.2.2.16146.

Last time I exited RM while toaster was connected, RM sent my win10 Pro to the crashpage that spottydog10 have attached in the top.

Still, if I first turn of the toaster (or disconnect it from the PC), RM closes just fine.

I have seen this too.

What I have found out so far.

Win10 crashes if you have your Kemper on and connected to the PC.

If you turn off the Kemper first and wait for the display to go off, then you can exit RM without Win10 crashing.

For another perspective on how Hendrix achieved his tone, check out this 1960 Tweed Fender Bassman:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wish this guy made profiles!

Wow, that just sounds great. Yeah, would be great if that guy made some profiles ,0)

You definitely need to start with a good Strat tone. I don't think you'd get the sparkle and bite you need from Texas specials. Fender CS69 pickups, a good Strat, and carefully adjusting the pickup height (not too close to the strings) will be a good start. A lefty Strat with reverse staggered pickups would get you even closer if you want to start splitting hairs.

I think you're right on the Texas Specials. They are good Pu's but they have a somewhat different character.

Also as waraba mention above, the signal chain and cab can be other parameters..

Hello fellow kemperists.

I have been watching an older video of a demontration of the Fryette LXII power amp with the sound source from the Kemper.

At 3:10 he strums the guitar. According to Fryette the profile is "Pure Blues".

I really like the sound of the guitar in this video. A nice crisp Jimi Hendrix sound.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But what is it that makes it sound like this.? When I play the profile "Pure Blues" I can't make it sound like this (using my '91 SRV strat)

Can anyone make this profile sound like on the video ?

I actually asked Fryette about this in the YT thread :

[Blocked Image: https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AGF-l7_-eVwuxJDtwdsrfgyqhwkYpxXd3RsSZKZI=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo]  texasflooddk 5 years ago
    I like the sound of the strat in this video, but the thing I like, I think is related mostly to the strat model. I really like the sound off the start at 3:19. It is the kind of Hendrix sound I have been looking for. Crisp, not too dirty but with a nice bite on the attack. What model of stratocaster is this ? I have a '91 SRV strat (with Texas Specials PUs) Is it possible to achieve this sound ? I also play a Kemper through a Blueamp 2x12 FR-A cab. Which rig is used on the Kemper in this clip ?

[Blocked Image: https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AGF-l7_PhhI7Lhtw0vxQjIwyR3YLiV8seMjlTg09Nw=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo]  Fryette Amps

5 years ago
    It's a 2004 or 05 56 relic. Guitar Center had a special "GC" model made with a flatter fretboard and fatter frets. Pickups are stock as is the 3 position switch. The rig and recording signal path is described in detail in the "About" section above.

[Blocked Image: https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AGF-l7_-eVwuxJDtwdsrfgyqhwkYpxXd3RsSZKZI=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo]  texasflooddk 5 years ago
    @Fryette Amps
    Hi. Tkank you for your reply. I tried hooking up my SRV strat using the "Pure Blues" rig on the Kemper. It sound great but I can't get the same tone as you have in the video. I think it is much related to the specific strat model and very much to the pickups. I wouldn't think that the Valvulator will color the sound noticeable. Could also be the cabinet. Thanks anyway for your reply.

Best regards

Carsten

Hello fellow kemperists.

I am having a somewhat strange issue when turning on power for the Kemper with my Bheringer FCB-1010 connected.

For some reason the FCB-1010 always starts by selecting bank 16. it doesen't send this bank selection to the Kemper which is fine by me.

But every time I have to step the FCB-1010 down to bank 01 where my midi assignments starts from.

I am currently only using the FCB-1010 to control the Kemper in browse mode.

I have upgraded the Kemper to the newest Beta (RM 3 compatible)

Have anyone seen this issue ?

Greetings

Carsten (Denmark)

The space effect is really nice.

It would be nice if Kemper to have the option to select the space effect for only headphone out and SPDIF altogether.

I mainly use SPDIF in the studio to my DAW where my headphones are connected.

So every time I go to gigs I have to select the space effect to headphone only, for it not to be on to the mains..

Also a happy FreqOut user here.
    Besides using it live it is really nice to have feedback when just sitting and jammin' with your headphones on..

Are you using the "space" effect, when connected at home ?

One thing (IMHO) that gives a really bad sound, is if you have the space effect left on when playing using powered speakers.

I use the SPDIF output which is routed to my Focusrite DAW. I then have my headphones connected to the DAW.
    So I have to have the space effect turned on globally (not as a slot), while other use the headphone jack on the front.
    When I go from this configuration and connect to my two DXR-8 cabs (and forget to turn of the space effect) the sound is really awful.
    The space effect is really nice to use when using headphones but it gives a kind of nasal character if left on when using in a powered setup.

Within the "output" section there is a sub-menu where the space effect can be toggled either on globally, or on for the headphone front jack only.
    I would be really pleased if the Kemper team corrected this menu to have the SPDIF output to be on when the menu was set to have the space set on for the headphones as well.
    This way the space effect would always be off on the mains output.

Thank you for kind words! Usually I go straight to mixer. And sometimes I run it through simple active monitor, JBL for ex. On this video they had Yamaha(I don't remember which model) for rehearsals.I wish I had power amp built in my device in this case I could use my cabinet. And you?

I have a KPA Solutions 2x12 FR-A cab which have a built-in Ritter amp.
    I haven't made the jump to use the Kemper live yet. I am still using my Fuchs ODS50 with a 2x12 Fuchs cab (which sounds awesome)

The KPA Solutions cab sound great. I still struggle a little with it being somewhat "boomy" when using it at loud volumes.
    I have tried a Yamaha DXR10 which is really great too. The best FR active speaker I have tried is still the QSC-K12. This one is really loud.. But all in all, I think most of the above active speakers can sound great adjusting the EQ settings.

never heard the dxr10 as being described as not loud enough.. usually the opposite.. in fact it is rated at 131 DB which enough to damage your ears.. The qsc is rated the same hence both Are known for having quite a bit of volume. Perhaps you had monitor output turned down on Kemper when you tried it ? Maybe a defective unit ? Not dispersed in a fashion you could hear it where you were standing ?

When I tried it out I had it raised approx 1 meter standing on another 2x12 cab. It was loud but somehow I had the feeling at that time, that it didn't deliver as much power as when I play my Fuchs tube amp through a 2x12 cab.
    I would expect a somewhat different sound comming from a 10" + horn vs a 2x12" guitar cab.

When I heard (I didn't do the playing) of the QSC K12 this one sounded quite powerfull and close the sound I hear from my Fuchs cab.

I have been tempted to try the DXR10 out once more and try to modify the Kemper in more detail .