Posts by jero2014

hey guys,

just an update, just finished the build with the celestion tf1225cx, and im impressed with the results,
    here are some eq responses, green one is from the new cab, and yellow are my studio monitors, so far so happy! looking forward to test it on a reharsal!

[Blocked Image: http://s9.postimg.org/jssdhmtff/Screen_shot_2014_06_06_at_12_59_43.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://s14.postimg.org/oz6x0gafh/Screen_shot_2014_06_06_at_13_00_04.jpg]

if anyone is interested in building one of these! send me a PM!

all the best!

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I ended up buying a monacor:

DN-1218, bit oversized and heavy... at 1.1kg, but seems to be better from what I have read.

Following your suggestion I have as well bought a L-pad 100W 8ohm for an adjustable tweeter padding.

So I will probably place my db meter in front of it and calibrate it by ear... lets hope for the best...

I have contacted Mick at Xitone as well asking for some ideas... :)

Hi Folks,

I know im touching some already discussed territories, and that I am not going to get a fully FRFR experience with what I want to do but... I want to give it a try, and report back on it to you guys, maybe we can work on a 1x12 monitor solution for budget guys like me... :)

The plan is to buy a cab that more or less has the same measurements as the famous matrix q12, (im using a kemper + matrix gt1000fx) and stick on it a Celestion TF1225CX speaker that the Q12 has.

Now without taking into account the cab differences on it and the more than tested crossover that the original cab has... I will like to find a passive crossover that could give me aproximate results...

Now the as well famous TRx12N, has the same speaker, on their specs it says the crossover used is a 2-Way 2.5k Hz passive crossover.
    Minimum recommended for this speaker is 12dB.

Found the following crossover:

http://www.daytonaudio.com/ind…y-crossover-2-500-hz.html

Wich seems to be a good match... and 300W

What you think folks? do you know of any other crossovers that will suit this better?

Hi Folks,

im looking at the new eminence em12, I have asked Anthony from eminence and he has recommended the use of the em12 for a FRFR like application:

I think the EM12 is perfect for your application. It's meant to be more of sound reproducing guitar speaker with a ultra clean tone and very flat response. You basically get out what you put in without the typical tone coloration of a more traditional guitar speaker.

Im planning to build a 4x12 and stick 4 of these on it... do you think guys this will be the perfect match for the kemper+poweramp+guitarcab solution?

would you think i should be able to leave the cab sim on and hear what FOH is hearing?

Cheers :whistling:

hey dude, thanks for the reply, i was confused by the part that says it doesnt influence Direct profiles no more... that this means now it knows when we using a DI profile? so it does not try to take the cab part of it when swapping cabs?

I have being playing with the new version for a while now but im not really sure i like how it sounds now... some of my profiles i noticed them to be more record-sounding that amp in a room as they used to... maybe i need to keep trying im sure it should be better

Hi Folks!

I was looking forward for this updated and found that there is a new way of dealing with DI profiles, and cabdriver is not longer available

could someone give us more details regarding this:

- changed: Cab parameters are more authentic and do not influence direct profiles nor CabDriver anymore.

In terms of how now works in comparation with how did worked until now :)
    looking forward to reharse tomorrow with this update and heard the difference, im using a matrix gt1000fx power amp and a 4x12 1960 :)

hey folks, new update, I havent used the case anymore and the kemper did not left the house... and the problem appeared again! I have been using it everyday and worked perfectly fine.. but today using effects i noticed that the tone was going crazy... and guess what its the same knob... as the mids knob... ;(
    Apparently it has nothing to do with the case... I have fitted it and checked the foam, and the foam itself does not reach the knobs...
    So seems like its an hardware issue...
    Blowing and moving it helps a bit... but the knob doesn't roll as smooth as the rest on the settings....
    I have contacted support, lets hope they could offer a solution...

Hey Folks,

I have my kemper on a rack with a power amp, wich is my rig... its on a ABS case wich I have molded both sides with foam, to get better protection, there is a small piece of foam that probably pushes the knobs of the front face a bit on the kemper, which I thought should be fine since its foam...
    Yesterday reharsing, the mid control know was a bit stucked... so i moved it sideways and noticed it wasnt working as smooth as allways.... was dropping the mids by itself!.. I restarted the kemper and moved the knob in all directions to get it unstucked.... and that did the trick...

Question is... how fragile are the controls on the kemper??? I tought it was road-ready! But that have scared me a bit.... :S

Cheers

Hi Folks,

i was giving a go to the transposer plugin today and notice some latency when using a -4m from std e to std d.
    Specially when playing power chords on the 5th. did anyone notice this?
    Im using the EVH 5153 DI profile to my mbox mini into logic. I noticed the same going into the poweramp...

Hi Thanks for all the info folks! its good to know how the capturing part actually works!

Im really happy with the results I get with the kemper, but the only issue I have is that when using a DI profile and attaching a IR in Logic sounds really really good... but swapping the cab for a 4x12 in the profiler doesnt seems to do the trick that well (bit harsh on the upper register)... as kemper tries to remove the cab where there isnt one, will be great if there is someway to "lock" the DI profile when adding a cab... which I hope using the same IR will give me the same results as doing it in the DAW.

Mhhh... This is not the way things work tho. The amp's sound strongly depends on the connected cab. IOW, "amp" + "cab" is something completely different from "amp+cab".
    An amp doesn't sound w/o a load (a cab), it doesn't make sense tot ry and define the sound of an amp in itself. It's not only that the sound is different because there's a different cab, but because the signal the amp outputs changes depending on the cab.

HTH

Ok, but if you getting a DI box between the amp and the cab (guessing is the resonance part of the circuit) woudnt it capture the load it will put under the load is putting at that moment... e.g if connected to a 4x12 at 8ohm... u should be capturing the reaction that particular amp would have when connected to that load (on the link of the DI box. and therefore you could add a 4x12 cab afterwards via sofware to simulate it?
    Im a bit confused so I might be seeing things easier that they actually are...

As i wrote tho, the "error" you make by adding a cab to a DI profile is not different from the "error" you make when changing a cab in a traditional rig. IOW, when you swap cab in a profile, that amp will never sound as before.

Yep, that is why exactly having the option to profile without having the cab part selected on the amp so you letting know the software that you are actually profiling all except that part so when selecting a cab, it wouldn't try to remove the cab frequencies out of it.... as it was not there in the profile.... would be awesome!

so on a later stage, if u want to put a cab on the top of the DI profile u can do it without kemper "removing" any frequencies from the sound before that happens...

not sure if possible, but for my usage would be a great feature....

as at the moment, i need 2 profiles... 1 for DI/poweramp with my 4x12 and a fullprofile with that same cab miced up (for recording purposes) :whistling:

I thought that you could actually select what you profiling when creating a new one...

It shouldn't be difficult to implement something like this (which i think will be ace!)

When creating a new profile and swapping between Kemper amp and Reference AMP.

When selected the Kemper AMP use the Rig bottoms (Amp, EQ, Cab) to select what are you actually profiling.

So in the case you want to profile DI, you basically unselect the CAB, leaving the EQ and AMP ON.

So that particular profile would be good for using directly with poweramp/cabm but in case you want to use it with speakers, you can just basically select a cab over the profile (without kemper trying to guess the cab frequencies as there was no cab)

Hi Folks,

I have been reading around regarding DI profiling, placing a DI box between the amp and the speak to capture all except the speaker cabinet, and so far so good, the profiles are really good when using a Matrix GT1000FX poweramp direct from monitor out, the only thing is that the Cabinet light is on even tough is a DI profile (when u unselect it kemper try to take off what he thinks is the cab part... messing it up...), I have read around the wiki that there is a possibility of profiling with the cab unselected, so you can actually select one if needed for FOH while using none for the amp+cab or for recording into the DAW with cab emulation if wanted.

Could anybody give me some tips for doing this?

Thanks a lot!

I have uploaded my first profile.

a 5f1 handwired clon built by myself in breakup point with HBs.

http://www.kemper-amps.com/api…iyEgRaW7dhO8DRiE3bB?.kipr

hope you like it!

Cheers,

Jero