Posts by BobSavage

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words, everyone. I'm really excited about using this thing. Haven't had time to spend any more time with it but I did pickup a few profiles from The Amp Factory that I'm eager to try out, as well as a few from Pete T.

WHAT!?!!!? THE Bob Savage has crossed over to the darkside!?!? :D Have fun dude, can't wait to hear some of your tracks, and some of your own profiles as well. For anyone that doesn't know bob, he's been a mainstay on the big guitar forums for well over a decade, and was one of the original "make a video and put it online" guys with sick chops and killer licks. Looking forward to your opinions!

Hahahaha, well, I've had a number modelers over the years, in fact, I remember fooling lots of people on HC when I bought the original POD and didn't mention it was a modeler. Nobody heard anything wrong until I told them it was a POD. :)

I had the original Axe-FX standard too but now the modelers are at a whole new level. Really looking forward to digging into this thing!

Good to see you here and thanks for the kind words.

My Kemper PowerRack arrived on Thursday, I opened it up on Friday, spent about 15 minutes tweaking the KM-THRASH and KM-BASS profiles and laid down this mini-tune.

https://soundcloud.com/sixstri…r-amp-profiler-day-1-mini

Or a 320Kb MP3

http://www.bobsavage.net/otherjunk/Bob-Savage-Day1.mp3

These tones aren't exactly what I'd normally go for, particularly for leads (although I do like the sound of the neck pickup with these tones), but what I do know is these are some great sounding, direct tones. This device is exactly what I needed to push me back into writing and recording without having to deal with micing loud guitar cabs. Giddy up!

I absolutely love how a high gain tone can retain the twanginess of the string sounds.

Great day one post Bob! I saw some of your youtube videos. Are you gonna profile that Bogner Shiva Japan?

Thanks. I do plan on profiling the Shiva-J if I get the opportunity to do it before it's gone (sold it to a friend so I could buy the Kemper).

Welcome to the forum Bob!
    Nice groovy playing and that's a great sound in the song clip, with the kind of squishy amp tones that I like.
    I forget now but what amp is that Keith Merrow THRASH profile from?
    There is also a dedicated forum section for posting song clips in. I hope to hear more of this good stuff.
    Cheers!

Thank you. I'm not sure what amp the profile is based upon. Will have to take another looksee.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I often do a first day "mini-tune" with new amps, and it's been some years since I bought anything so I've relegated my afternoon to sipping an ale and doing a little recording. Have the KM-THRASH profile modified to taste and will proceed to "press the red button" soon. Well, as soon as I write something. :P

After a week of thorough research and gathering opinions on forums, I've opted for the Kemper (over other modelers).

The PowerRack arrived yesterday and I'm going to make a point today of getting it hooked up and doing some playing. Looking forward to having the ability to start recording great guitar tones again, but WITHOUT having to mic up cabs.

Onward and upwards!