Posts by johnmarkus2

When you have tried FRFR solutions like the Atomic CLR or the Matrix Q12a or the Camper CX (or the Yamaha DXR 10), IOW more highend solutions and you still don't like it, then FRFR is not for you.

Thank you for your reply. I did not try the aforementioned. I only tested FRFR studio monitors( with 6,8 inches speakers). So I don't know exactly what's the difference in feel between Atomic CLR, Matrix Q12a,Camper CX,Yamaha DXR 10 and FRFR studio monitors. That's what I was hoping to find out from experienced people on the forum. I thought I could save myself a headache in ordering and returning different cabs.
    thanks for your help :)

Hi guys!
    I'm looking to achieve the amp-in-the-room effect with my kemper.

I tried different FRFR studio monitors, and unfortunately I can't get accustomed with them, my ears are still not used to hearing the mic'ed sound of a guitar.

So my question is: Does a full range flat response cabinet(for example: MATRIX FR212 + GT1000FX poweramp+kemper cab sim on) is able to provide the amp-in-the-room effect ( like a real guitar cab)?

Doesn't a Full Range, Flat Response speaker, sound more like FRFR studio monitors and less than a real guitar cabinet, and thus not offering a real amp in the room feeling?

I hope I can get some feedback from my fellow kempers who tried different monitors/cabs/poweramps...etc

Thanks a lot guys!

I'm opening a new thread because there is not a general consensus on what works best if you want to use your kemper at home (jamming along backing tracks, practicing, recording) with headphones. I am fully aware that you can't compare the sound you get from a good pair of studio monitors or cabs, however I want to find the best possible situation for my home practice.

Some forum users say that the headphone out is loud enough, and with a good pair of headphones(something like beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO- 250 ohms) you can get a hi-def sound. I've also read that some experienced dull sounds while listening directly with their cans plugged into KPA.

Others say that you need a headphone amp or plug your kemper into a mixer(that has a preamp) and then plug your cans into your mixer.

So what would be the best setup? I would like to hear from users who tried different settings.
    Would appreciate your take on this.

Thanks a lot!