Posts by Steven_nl

Well I guess the subject says it all.

When I started Rig Manager I got a message saying there was a new version avilable. Okay did the update. After I restarted I did not get a message there was a new systen available though. Yes I have the Beta checkbox checked. It doesn't wotk. Wasn't able to use it in a previous update either. Doing it the old way (USB Stick) is not a problem, but I do wonder what is wrong.

Thanks Steven

Hi gys

I realy like to tone in this video starting at 3.15

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could you direct me to a patch with this tone please?

Thanks a lot
    Steven

Hi Guys
    Sorry for my ingnorant question.
    I want to replace the stack in one of my Performances (M. Britt's Dumble). I want to keep all my other settings stomps and effects.
    What is the best way to do this? It seems to the work by pressing the stack button and turning the Browse knob. The "problem" is that the name of the old stack keeps showing up under the name of the Performance. I can't seem to load the new amp name there.
    Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Steven

Hi guys

I usually run my Kemper into an Atomic 112-50 or a 212-50. Sounds awesome. Lately I have been doing some gis in a small bar. No room for my Atomics. I need to connect the Kemper to the mixing desk of the small PA. I made the mistake of connecting the monitor out to the mixer. Sounded pretty awfull (especially the lead sounds). Now I use one of the xlr outputs and set the PA sort of neutral. It sounds better, but I'm not thrilled.
    Any advice?

Hi guys
    @teleogic. well som eof the demo clips on Youtube are stereo Sounds awesome, but you are right the Beatles stuff is great so......I once played a real leslie. That was amazing. the sounds realy switls all around.

Terje. Well I don't have any recording setup so it's difficult. Let me say it sounds a lot better especially with the cabinet sim of the MIni Vent engaged. It has that distintive wooden/almost nasal sound to it which the Kemper lacks. More ralistic I guess, but let me play with it some more. I promise I'll at least listen to it in an A/B situation. Like I said loads of excelent Mini Vent clips on Youtube

Hi again
    sounds good to me. I think slightly better then in the X slot. But that might be my imagination. Love to hear what you think. I'll make sure it's in front of the gate.
    Not an option for me to put it on the ground. No more cables and adapters on the floor for me. Should sound the same in the Stompbox section. Downside is you can't change the speed, but I have to live with that.
    appreciate uour input.
    ps I'm not using it in . My setup is with an Atomic 112-50. Maybe when I do a huge gig where i can use 2 Atomics.......

I was struggling with this, but with help of this topic I worked it out.
    maybe a step by step guide will be usefull for some people.
    A. I like the volume pedal to give a slight boost in volume. Rhythm/Lead
    Make sure the wah is in Stomp A
    For this example I used the 3 and 4 inputs of the Remote.
    1. connect output 1 (EP1) with input 3 (Remote) and output 2 with input 4
    2. Rig Page 3: Post effects (or another setting you might prefer) Range=-1 also personal taste (see A). wah to volume checked
    3 System Page 7: Mode Pedal Type 1, Function Wah Wah. Don't forget to calibrate.
    4 System Page 8: Mode Mono Switch Stop A on/off
    5 System Page 14 Wah to Volume=checked
    6 Choose a wah (in stomp A), Pedal Mode Bypass toe.
    This worked for me. Hope it's clear

A small remark: when you switch to a different rig, the volume will be at max, even though the pedal is in the up position. You will have to move the pedal up and down to set the volume to its lowest setting. The Kemper Helpdesk (Great!!) tells me there is no way around this. it is impossible to programm it differently.

Hi Guys

I just got the Kemper Remote and the EP1-KP.
    I wanted to use the EP1 both as a wah wah and as a volume pedal.
    I was struggling with this, but with help of another topic I worked it out. Maybe a step by step guide will be usefull for some people.
    A. I like the volume pedal to give a slight boost in volume. Rhythm/Lead
    B. Make sure the wah is in Stomp A
    C. For this example I used the 3 and 4 inputs of the Remote.
    1. connect output 1 (EP1) with input 3 (Remote) and output 2 with input 4
    2. Rig Page 3: Post effects (or another setting you might prefer) Range=-1 also personal taste (see A), wah to volume checked
    3 System Page 7: Mode Pedal Type 1, Function Wah Wah. Don't forget to calibrate.
    4 System Page 8: Mode Mono Switch, Switch Tip Stomp A on/off
    5 System Page 11 WahPedal >Volume=checked
    6 Choose a wah (in stomp A), Pedal Mode Bypass toe.
    This worked for me. Hope it's clear

A small remark: when you switch to a different rig, the volume will be at max, even though the pedal is in the up position. You will have to move the pedal up and down to set the volume to its lowest setting. The Kemper Helpdesk (Great!!) tells me there is no way around this. it is impossible to programm it differently.

Greets
    Steven

Yeah guys. I like to imporvise a bit. So in the middle of a solo I like to use the Wah sometimes and also with rhythm playing. I do feel I need to be in control of the volume all the time though.

I'm curious about the functionality of the Kemper controller. If you switch up or down. does that rig instantly become active? Or do you have to select it also? What I mean is this: if i play rig 3 and push the arrow up button do I need to select a rig or is rig 8 automaticly active? This would solve my volume issues. I would make a performance with the same rigs but all 1 louder (Nigel Tuffnel). I used to own a Roland footcontroler which worked like this (A/B)

Hi thanks for your reply.
    I found the "Linking Pedal" chapter. sounds complicated. It would suit me fine if I could switch on the wah wah with one of the effect buttons, thus automaticly changing the function of the pedal from volume to wah wah. Not sure if this is the case. Gues I have to wait till I have the Kemper controler.