Posts by freak4pc

Guys, thanks again.

About my impression, As of now I'm totally inlove with it. I did some bass with it today as well and it kicks major ass. I can't even imagine turning on a regular amp after it :) Feels perfect.
    I'm gonna try it on an actual rehearsal on Tuesday and that would make it much easier to understand if its the right thing.

But as of now, perfect. Also bought a rack case for it :)

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1959779_10152260506609781_206093951_n.jpg]

I have 2 more minor questions:
    1. Is it possible to have Cab simulation on for Main Outs (FOH) and Cab sims off for the Power Amp? The power-amp would never need cab simulation but it gives the option for somewhat weird reason.
    2. I wanted to record using SPDIF . I know its RCA connectors but are the cables just regular audio cables or something special ?

Shai. :D

Guys, thank you all so much for your responses - I've learned a lot just from reading this thread!
    As of 5 hours ago I am the proud owner of a new pimpin' Kemper PowerRack !! So happy !

[Blocked Image: http://i61.tinypic.com/25yyovo.jpg]

vibarcore, thank you for the wide explanation and I'll definitely read into it.
    I still have a lot to learn and I'm sure this forum will help me gain some of the experience needed to fully enjoy it :)

Some questions about what's written here:
    1. Most studio monitors would be considered FRFR (as long as the frequency response is flat), so when people speak of FRFR they usually refer to cabs?
    2. PBGas, you said you "just turn off the poweramp" - Which switch does that? Not completely sure.
    3. When i'm plugged into a cab in my power section would it automatically cancel the cab simulation for that output (since it separate) , or would I have to press the Cab button?

That's all I can think of for now, If you have any tips for the newbie I am, I'd truly appreciate it.

Thank you so much!
    Shai.

I have, I have a couple of questions from reading online which might not be related to eachother - but would still love your answer about it.

1. I've seen the term "FRFR" in many places but im not sure what it means exactly? Does it mean Cab sim + monitors instead of power amp ?
    2. I'm thinking of getting the powered version so I could easily take it to gigs just as a regular head. Does anyone have any opinion/impression of the KPA's Power amp ? Is it good enough ?
    3. When connecting to a cab instead for recording at my studio, I'm guessing I will have to turn off the cab simulation since I will already be connected to a cab. Would that change the sound drastically or I would probably still have a resemblance and will just have to tweak it around a bit?

Thank you very much and sorry if these have been asked, Tried googling and couldn't find it :)
    Shai.