Posts by tom3316

Selling my kemper due to a change in circumstance.

I still have the original box and manual, the kemper its in really good condition apart from a small mark on the front.

Comes with over a thousand commercial profiles that cover all types of amplifier from an ac30 to a vh4.
    I'll include photos of which amp factory profiles I've bought. I have also purchased the top Jimi silver jubilee and the Afd 100 profiles.

The ambrosi ATM-70 is in New condition and neither the ambrosi or Kemper have been gigged and only been used for recording and the occasional band practice.

I want £950 for the kemper which will include a USB stick with all the commercial profiles.

I want £150 for the ambrosi amp and I will post for £10 for each item or if bought together postage will just be £10.

I'm based in Sheffield and pick up is also welcome.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Sorry if this is off topic but I was playing a profile today with cab sim turned off for the monitor output but on for everything else. With the profile I was using I've been having some unwanted high frequencies which I made a thread for. I thought I'd try and mess with the amp section to see if that makes a difference but it didn't so for the sake of it I thought I'd mess with the cab section expecting it not too do anything because the cab was turned off but in fact it was actually making a difference which I find weird.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh and to stay on track I do notice a difference between profiles but there is an underlying similarity.

I do want to state that as annoying as it is that I have had conflicting information Hans-Jörg Scheffler has dealt with it really well and is doing his best to get to the bottom of this.

If I've come across as annoyed it's just because I want to make sure that it's definitely a software issue before I get it back.

yeah I remember you saying sambrox that you have heard it before which made me think it was software but kemper couldn't replicate it from my back up which is why they said to send it in so it could be a software issue after all.

Kemper are trying my back up again just to make sure if it can be replicated or not.

If it helps my profile was created before merged profiles existed.

I miced my cabinet up with a SE X1 but the sound is present even if you plug headphones into the monitor out so bypassing the power amp and cab. The sound is not present when using the main outs with cab sim on only when using the monitor out. That's as much as I can remember with out trying it again with the kemper in front of me, it may be present on other outputs but Im not sure.

Any help is appreciated

Can anyone else replicate the sound I am talking about with my profile because Kemper are saying because XpennoKPA has replicated it then it's definitely a software issue.
    I am fine if it's a software issue even though I wish I had been advised this before being told to send it in to Andertons by kemper but these things happen.
    I just don't want to get my profiler back and it still be broken.

Sorry I missed that part about other profiles so it would seem based on that it's some sort of software issue or something. Still strange that they would tell me to send it in and then tell the retailer that it's not worth sending after I've been without my profiler for over a week. I'm a bit lost with it all and feel kinda let down. Thank you very much for your replies and for testing out the profile.

Thanks for trying the profile out at least it's cleared it up a little. I did send a backup file to kemper with that rig on and told them which profile as well and I assumed they would have tried it before telling me to send it to them for repair.

I suppose it still doesn't explain why I heard the same sound on a commercial profile which I assume would be all ok on other people's kemper.

It's kinda annoying that I was told to send it away if it's not needed

Well even though Kemper told me to send it into them I received an email from Andertons saying Kemper won't give them a returns ticket unless they can find an issue in-store. So I've been without my Kemper for over a week and it's not even been sent to them. I don't blame Andertons for this because one there not engineers and two I haven't gone through trouble shooting with them so they don't know the exact nature of the problem. So I'm a bit perplexed with what's going to happen next.There was some talk of it being my profile that is the issue but it also happens on a commercial profile of similar gain but I can't remember which of the thousand profiles I have.

I'd really appreciate if someone could try my profile with a cab and let me know if you have the same issue as me to rule that out.

It's my JCM 800 profile with out the boost just search Tom South and it should appear or alternatively I could email it if you can't find it.

I'd really appreciate it because I could do with my Kemper back because I don't have a backup and need to do some recording.

Hi everyone

Just an update on what's happening with this issue for anyone that cares.
    After some trouble shooting with kemper they decided the best thing to do would be too send it into them for repair, I'll report back when it's fixed.

Thanks for the replies hopefully we can figure this out together. I'm on the latest firmware but I will double check that later just to make sure. The profile I recorded is my own that was made quite a while ago. I did wonder my self though whether it's something to do with the cab portion of the profile because it only happens when playing through a real cab but then I gave that idea up when I realised it was the same whether the cab was on or off.

So I've raised a ticket and recorded the sound which i will link here.

The sound isn't as prominent in the recording as it is in real life but its there and you get the idea on what i mean by what I'm describing.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not using any boosts or any changes to the eq on the main offender which is my jcm800 profile that's available on the rig exchange. Just search Tom South and it's the non boosted profile, the other jcm800 profile of mine has a blackstar boost in front. There is one other profile that it was really prominent on but I can't remember which one and that was a commercial profil. All the other profiles I have seem to have a strange noise in the back ground but not as bad as the jcm800 profile. Like I said I'll record a sound clip tomorrow so everyone can hear it.