Posts by SwAn1

With the revelation this week about the stolen 1.2 billion user names and passwords I bought 1Password this week and had it generate a long unique password for the Forum. The password change went fine but when I then tried to login with it I couldn't and had to use the forgot password to get a new one. Is there a limit on the password length (I was using the 1Password default which I think is a mix of 14 characters, numbers and symbols)? Also, now that I am not using my one password on all sites, I have to copy and paste the password over to my safari browser and the forum login does not seem to allow you to do that and you have to manually enter the information. Even with the short kemper supplied new password it is a pain to remember. 1Password does have its own browser and it does automatically login to the forum really well but all my bookmarks etc are in the mobile safari browser and I 'd prefer to use it instead.

Gary W.
    Great song and nicely done. Love the band name :) It is inspiring me to get off my arse and do more music with my kids. Quick question about the Slate plugins - I looked at them once but they needed some sort of USB key to work - is that still the case? They seemed to make good software but I just don't need one more thing to loose! BTW, if you haven't heard of them, audiodeluxe.com seems to offer really good pricing on audio software (not affiliated with them in any way but buy most of my toontrack software from them). Please post anything else you and your daughter do.

...As opposed to most other software releases, which tend to come BEFORE they are ready *rismhot*

Funny enough, if you happen to be using Adobe Premiere and After Effects and updated both to CC 2014 the first has just been patched with 32 'notable' bug fixes and the latter had an update that just got pulled. So it does happen even with major software companies.

Trust me. I'm not worrying about it. No hard feelings. Things never come across the right way online. Apologies for that....in a surly mood.

My Kemper just failed at a very large gig. Thank goodness for a tube amp and torpedo live!

No worries. That sucks to have the KPA fail like that! It wasn't the motivation for me getting an AxeFx in addition to the Kemper (I wanted the effects in the Axe) but it does make a great fallback unit now that you mention it. Glad you had a backup plan.

The terminal command keeps the library file open permanently.

Whatever. You seem to have all the answers so I'll just leave it at that.

The terminal command keeps the library file open permanently.

Whatever. You seem to have all the answers so I'll just leave it at that.

Pointing out that deleting the package contents does not remove all the files or stating that I prefer to simply use one method over another is not claiming to have all the answers (others for instance prefer to assign a keyboard shortcut or in Mavericks you can now simply check a box in the the finder options see http://www.cnet.com/how-to/mav…ion-to-show-user-library/). I didn't mean to insult your 20 years of experience so don't take it so hard. I certainly don't! And as of right now, neither of us has been able to help the OP trouble shoot his problem :(

By right clicking on the package contents, you are only deleting the files associated with the rig-manager. I've worked on every Mac OS version for the past 20 years. For any system past Snow Leopard, this method works perfectly. Mine locked up initially and I used this method to delete and restore the program. Haven't had an issue since. Library file is easily unhidden with a terminal comment instead of constantly doing the method you are doing. Yes...backing up is always recommended.

TRock.....if you want some step by step instructions, then pm me and I can help you out. If not, Kemper tech support will be able to help you.

By right clicking on the package contents, you are only deleting the files associated with the rig-manager. I've worked on every Mac OS version for the past 20 years. For any system past Snow Leopard, this method works perfectly. Mine locked up initially and I used this method to delete and restore the program. Haven't had an issue since. Library file is easily unhidden with a terminal comment instead of constantly doing the method you are doing. Yes...backing up is always recommended.

TRock.....if you want some step by step instructions, then pm me and I can help you out. If not, Kemper tech support will be able to help you.

This does not delete associated files anywhere else on the computer though (and they could be saved almost anywhere - for instance this would not delete the rig manager kext file). Also, for me it is a lot quicker to hold down the option key, click on GO and select library than having to open terminal type in the commands to reveal hidden files then navigate to users / user name / library / application support etc. and then have to go back to the terminal and enter the command to hide all hidden files.

i was asking myself the same question. and ultra portable? only because the target device is so light ;)
    gs

Not sure about the programming bit but it is a lot easier to carry around (and a lot more people have) iPads / iPhones and Android equivalents.

Usually, you can right click with your mouse on the program and it will say, "show package contents". Scroll to that.

Take that entire folder, trash it (you'll have to put your password in to do this) and then re-install. This method gets rid of all of the files.

The files I am referring to are often found in the Application Support folders at both the root level and in the ~User folder (the library file is hidden but can be accessed by holding down the option key and clicking on the Go menu and selecting it). In the user library there is also a preference folder and there are preference files there. These files are hidden for a reason though - if you accidentally delete the wrong files it can have an impact on other applications or the computer's OS. As always act at your own risk and take steps like making a time machine backup before deleting anything.

Hi trock
    YMMV:
    1. Hold down the shift key when opening the program. This is typically a way on Macs to reset the preference file.
    2. The file in the applications folder is often not the only place files are stored and you need to get all the files. You should contact support - they may be able to provide other options to try and they may have an uninstaller that will remove all these other files and then you can reinstall.

Hi,

yesterday i deleted most of my about 500 Rigs from my Kemper with Rig Manager. But there are always fragments of every deleted Rig on my Kemper and after rebooting my Kemper he synced about 1 hour with the Rig Manager.
    Am i doing something wrong?

Could you explain what you mean by fragments? An hour does seem like a long time to sync though. If you google restore kemper to factory default (IIRC you hold the left button above the screen whe turning on to tuner and then there are two initialize options and you run both). You will of course loose everything on your KPA so make sure you back up everything first. The long sync could be caused by a lot of others issues though (like drivers issues on your computer etc.)

3+ months is HARDLY considered " teasing"....this whole thing is quite ridiculous, i still stand by my comment it probably will never happen.

This is one of the reasons why companies seldom pre announce products. The most logical reason that it hasn't been released yet is that it isn't ready yet. From earlier photos posted here there is a lot of equipment and workflows to profile. Maybe it doesn't sound quiet right yet and they want to release something great so they are reworking things. Or maybe it sounds so good they have decided to keep it all to themselves! :)

Everybody can find sonic bliss with the profiler.

+1. I just got back from a gig and I am still in awe at what the Kemper does and how great it sounds. And in addition to the commercial profiles (Andy, Armin and Top Jimi all have fantastic rigs at very fair prices) I think there are a lot of very usable profiles on the RE - more than I have time to experiment with actually and I am very thankful to everyone who had taken the time to profile and then post them for the rest of us.

and this is exactly what happens... in which way does it upset your workflow?
    gs

It covers up what you see on the screen. And anything that requires additional interaction or time should be optional. And as has been mentioned by some, it is just unprofessional in a studio environment when you have clients there seeng it all the time. This is not American Idol where we have to be ratng stuff all the time. If the intent is to help people realize that the rig is not automatically saved to the Profiler then have a one time message show up when you launch the RE software for the first time that they can dismiss. Or as has been mentioned numerous times, turn it on by default but then allow users to turn it off in the preferences - this way everyone wins!

Thanks Sean. Will try them out!