Posts by andmott

I would also add mic positioning can play a role in boosting or cutting the low frequencies. Most microphones are sensitive to the proximity effect. The closer a mic is to the source, the greater the low frequencies are boosted.

I actually find the low end on most profiles to be too pronounced for my taste, especially when fitting them in a recording. But I'm not listening through a speaker or cab.

Hey Everyone,

I couldn't find any Goodsell amps on the rig exchange, so I made a few profiles and added them online.

[Blocked Image: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5304/14068284765_e9b8d4eeb2_n.jpg]
    I profiled my 2007 Goodsell Super17 Mk2 1x12 Combo with Celestion G 12 H 30w Speaker, using two mic versions, the AKG 414 and Royer R121. They went into a UA 610 preamp then to the Kemper.

I used similar labeling to what the Amp Factory uses. From least gain to most gain the profiles are labeled as shown below:

Clean
    Clean+
    Pushed
    Pushed+
    Cranked
    Cranked+
    Full
    Full+

They will also have a 414 or 121 to indicate the mic version. The 414's are brighter.

By default the Stomp and Post EQ's are disabled.

This is my first attempt at profiling, so feedback would be appreciated! If anyone enjoys these I might add SM57 and e906 versions.

Thanks!
    Andrew