Posts by tb-av

) and the "mixer" panel shows the increase in signal level…

The "mixer panel" I assume is for the quadcapture... software that came with it?

The way it works is.... the signal leaves the KPA at a certain level. The Quad should see that signal at it's exact level. If it leaves at 0dB the quad should show 0dB, etc... Likewise... Reaper will simply see that same level, it is simply reading the interface.

Now you could, in your 'mixer panel' of the quad, pull the level down. So you would have KPA 0dB >> Quad pulled down to -6dB >> Reaper will show -6dB.... and likewise there is an input trim fader in Reaper that you could pull down or boost.

The Quad and Reaper should have their faders set to 0dB. Meaning they simply pass and record exactly what is coming from the KPA.

I unfortunately do not have a KPA yet, so can't tell you where to look, but you are correct, you -should- be able to hit 0dB going to the QUAD and Reaper. As others have said, not the greatest idea but you should get a handle on where your levels are from in to out and you should be able to set them where you want them and not where they simply choose to be on their own.

I would first check to sure you are using correct driver for Quad and that it is not set to -6dB as a safety precaution.... ex.. It's faders are not set to 0dB... Reapers inputs will be at 0dB by default.

I would think this may be the culprit.....

"AUTO-SENS automatically sets the input level for you
    With AUTO-SENS, you can achieve perfect input levels quickly. Simply by playing
    for a short amount of time, QUAD-CAPTURE analyzes the variations in volume
    and calculates the optimum value, setting the optimum input levels for the source.
    This function is tremendously useful when recording under tight time constraints"