Posts by Xhavier

Hi I have an issue with my Kemper the rj45 does not retain the remote rj45. This is not the remote lead,but the socket in the keeper. Is this replaceable without wrecking the warranty ? The system is usable but If any movement of the remote lead I loose connection to the remote. Thanks in advance. The remote lead is well protected at the Remote end but relies the socket to latch the plug at the Profiler end. Very weak point of failure. I use my keeper for live performance. John :(

Hi all, I play in a local pub band. I have been a working guitarist for 40 years, always used valve amps.. I had my trusty Mesa Triaxis rig nicked and bought a KPA to replace it, so from one gig the next completely different amp set up.

I have been using a KPA for live use since May, playing through a pair of ev elx12p FOH, and one ev elx12p for my stage monitor. I was very impressed immediately by the FOH guitar sound in the band mix. However was not happy with the onstage sound I noted the FRFR monitor sounded ok until the drummer started then it was difficult to hear my guitar. Turning the volume of the monitor up did not help, when it was loud enough to hear clearly it was enormously loud spilling all over the place.. and pretty top and bottom heavy to boot.

I used the tone controls in the monitor output section to make it acceptable, (ok but not enchanted!). Sometime later at a gig the singer threw a towel which landed over the horn in my monitor and realised the onstage guitar sound was better. So I re EQ'd the monitor output (clipped a load more treble and pushed middle) to emulate the "happy accident" now it sounds and feels great on and off stage..

My point is, if you set up your KPA rigs right to work FOH, you may be suppressed how much you may need to alter the monitor EQ to get the sound / feel you like onstage,( or it is with my kind of playing) but it is possible, don't be afraid to radically alter the tone for the monitor output to get and good onstage sound. (don't look at the dB numbers!, I did, big mistake!.) use your ear at the stage volume to get it right.. in my case it was way more than I previously figured ~(This is because I wanted to get best representation of my FOH sound onstage and did not want to alter anything too much, but I was well wrong.
    John

I know this info is abundant on the forum. but I thought I would just let you guy's know how I am getting on. This KPA is truly a fantastic device. :)

Hi all, I use my Kemper in a live setting. I cannot seem to find any way to back up and restore my performance slots. The rigs I use are modified for stage use which took some time and effort.. Due to an unrelated issue my dealer replaced my Kemper and I attempted to restore my previous settings. The restore gave me all my rigs but not the stuff i had in performance slots. I have done a full backup now, having reprogrammed the performance slots, but have no way of knowing if the performance rigs, their effects and eq's have been saved. If i mount the backup in RM i can't see anything but the stock and added rigs i see in the browser section. Can the performance mode rigs be backed up ?

any guidance would be appreciated..

John