Posts by gabaghoul

I've started using my AxeFX more because of this and related issues with RigManager. Not because I want to but stability with a piece of gear like this is extremely important, right behind tone in my opinion.

UPDATE:
    Just tried an 8GB Lexar. Worked like a charm.

1. Plugged it into the Kemper
    2. Came up with the External Device menu
    3. Chose to Format
    4. Removed the USB drive from the Kemper
    5. Copied the latest firmware to the USB
    6. Plugged the USB back into the Kemper
    7. Update Menu came up
    8. Chose Yes to Update.
    9. Rocked on!

Thanks for all your help.

Going to pick up a few USB sticks today after work. I saw a few 4GB and 8GB that I can try.

Looking forward, it would be great to be able to update the Kemper thru a simple app you run on your computer (thru USB) versus a possibly incompatible stick.

I would imagine you guys update thru connected PCs in your dev environment at work as opposed to USB sticks anyway. And if you already have software to do this at the office, can actually I get a Mac build? It would be a lifesaver. :)

BTW, I should mention the error exactly states...

"booting and burning from the USB device
    ERROR: firmware update doesn't support this hardware
    "

The weirdest thing for me is that it looks like it recognizes the stick just fine but the KAOS file is what is not compatible. Of course, the error its probably isn't correct and it really is a USB incompatibility issue.

The smallest I have is a 16GB Kingston. Just tried your suggestion but I did not have the option to go to 2048bytes. Had to select 4096 which I know wont work but I have very few options at this point so I tried anyway. I even used my son's PC to format it(I was using a MAC before) just to make sure but no dice.

I guess my only option is to buy a new USB stick. Can you recommend me a "Kemper-approved" USB stick so I don't run into these issues in the future? An exact model number, size, brand or even a link to one on Amazon would be great. I'll buy one today.

Biggest problem for me if I don't fix this now is that when my Remote arrives, I wont be able to use it. :(

THanks so much for your response.

This probably goes without saying but I just want to mention that this is unacceptable. I really think Kemper needs to implement something a little more professional/reliable for updating their hardware. I shouldn't have to buy 3 or 4 flash drives to find the one that works. It should work like the AxeFX II. They have software that is used to update the unit with the latest firmware thru a connection to my computer. The process is rock solid and dependable. I have never had an issue.

Thanks for the help but I think it actually has to do with the fact that I have FW2.8 Beta on here. I sent a note to Support. I'll see if they have a fix.

BTW, I tried you're idea. Kemper just doesn't recognize anything in the USB port unless of course I force the load by holding the page buttons when booting at which point I get an error that says my hardware is not supported as I mentioned earlier.

Bummer.

Trying to update to Firmware 3.01 from the 2.8 beta. No matter what I do the Kemper will not recognize the USB stick. I insert the stick with the kaos.bin file in the OS Update folder and nothing happens. Is there any way to force any update? Something in a menu somewhere.

BTW, I have used this same stick for over a year now with no issues. Now, with this latest update, I get nothing. Tried the file both inside the OS Update folder and outside. Even tried reformatting the USB on my Mac. Still nothing. Please help.