Posts by OddGuitarist

Hello.

I have used the Kemper for over a year now but I am just now beginning to try to record with it. My chain is as follows:

Guitar>>KPA Input

KPA Main Outs >> Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Line Inputs

Scarlett Line Outs >> Yamaha HS5 Speakers

Scarlett USB >> Computer with Cubase 8.5

Now the issue is that after I record a track in Cubase I play it back and it sounds dramatically different. It's very washed out and hollow sounding as if someone seriously messed with the EQ. I was able to re-build the tone in Cubase using the EQ's and compressors and stuff built into the program but it was very time consuming and I don't want to have to do that every time I record with a different KPA profile. My Kemper settings for Output are Main Out >> Master Stereo is that correct? I have the same problem setting it to Master Mono.

The other issue, and this is more of a Focusrite one than a KPA one, is that I cannot both record audio and have it play back with the same Scarlett settings. I have to change my outputs from Line in to DAW in order to hear the audio I recorded through my monitors. I can't figure out a way to both hear the audio from the KPA as I record it, and be able to hit "play" in Cubase and hear the same thing I just recorded through the speakers. I have SPDIF cables, should I set those to be the thing that feeds the audio into the DAW?

Hello, I'd like to start off saying that I love my Kemper, best amp I ever bought hands down.

However, I recently moved and I'm having some terrible noise problems in my new house. I am getting this very loud, aggressive hum from the power transformer on the utility pole outside my studio room, and from the power outlets as well.

My question is, is it possible that I have dirty power coming from this pole? If so, is there any equipment I can try that will filter this out? So far I have tried EBtech Hum-X, EBtech Hum Eliminator, a Furman power conditioner and a Monster power conditioner. None of these had any effect on the hum. It's not my cables fault either because all my cables are Mogami Gold. It's not just normal 60 cycle hum, it's a raspy, violent sound that I can't get rid of unless I crank the noise gate up past 8 or so which I don't like doing. Even on clean profiles it hums and humbucker guitars have no effect on it either. I have taken the guitar in another room using a long cable and the noise drops about 80% so I think it's mostly coming from the utility pole more than the outlets inside the house, and I already had an electrician check the power in the house and he said it's fine. Also, the weather seems to affect the noise level which again points to the power transformer being the problem.

So, is there any equipment that will block out this interference? Maybe some kind of shield I could put up over the window? I'm at a loss right now because it seems like I have to either:

A) Move my entire studio rig into a different room :(
    or
    B) Get into it with my city's electrical company :( :(

Both options sound like a big pain, but it's completely unacceptable that I've got all this expensive equipment in my room and can't really use it properly. I wish I knew more about electrical stuff and I'm sorry if my question is stupid but I'd appreciate any help or guidance.

Hello, I recently bought the KPA and the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 and I'm having trouble getting everything hooked up.

A friend told me this setup would work:

Guitar>KPA input, KPA monitor outs > Scarlett Line in's (TRS), Scarlet Line Out's > Monitors (Yamaha HS5s.)

However, it doesn't seem to be working. I was hoping I could use this setup to record direct from the KPA but also hear everything through the monitors as I play. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks