Posts by Casuistry7

I figured mounting the Kemper and packing it with foam would keep it safe in travel. I did not antisipate It mite recieve such impact it would jar the CPU loose! But I was careful and used a ESD mat when putting it back in. Time to invest in a shock mount case I suppose. In the end, I am just glad these things are well built. Who knows what damage might have occured with cheeper parts and/or production! Again, thanks all for the help. I am happily shredding my face off once again!

Ok so Kemper now works. I took a second look at the CPU module. This time I gave it a little more muscle when inserting it into its housing. And presto, everything is fine. So lesson learned is. If you see this message

expr=r == 0
    file=../src/halmap.cpp
    line=261
    func=Profiler::HAL::MapUlnt16::MapUlnt16(SLHANDLE, const tchar*, Access::Logic
    Engine:: Parameter*)
    swvs=Release: 2.5.0.10080" (CRC=E9CC0A51)

Your CPU module is loose!

Thanks to all with the quick replies to try and help.
    Also, I am new to the forum. Is their a way to re post this thread so It might help others? Or should it be deleted. I don't want to advocate someone opening the Kemper and making matters worse!

I did, just thought I might get an answer here. I opened up the kemper and I looked as though the "ram" module might have been loose. I am not sure what it is actually, but it looks like a really big ram module. Its the only board not screwed down. Anyways I re seated it and now no error, no anything actually. It turns on, says Kemper and the load bar dose its thing ( no more disappearing either ) but thats as far as she go's. Just stays their frozen. Nothing happens when i hold down the < > keys to try and boot from USB. :(

not ram.... the big chip is the CPU

It occurs to me that the link might not work depending on my Facebook settings. Heres what the screen says. Also, as the "bar" os filling up to load, it disappears for a second right when it reaches the K.

expr=r == 0
    file=../src/halmap.cpp
    line=261
    func=Profiler::HAL::MapUlnt16::MapUlnt16(SLHANDLE, const tchar*, Access::Logic
    Engine::Parameter*)
    swvs=Release: 2.5.0.10080" (CRC=E9CC0A51)

I recently did some traveling. Had the kemper in a SKB rack saved with foam. I pulled it out this morning and plugged it in ( no visible signs of damage on kemper ).
    I switched it on to see if it would work. When the screen light up i figured i was good so I turned it off. ( Before it finished loading. ) Then this evening I turned it on to play and received this error code. I have tried all the resets, Including booting from the USB with the kaos.bin file in root dir. Anyone know what to do? I am very sad right now, lol. Thanks in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/photo…7281545753&type=3&theater

Just picked up the KPA. Super excited about this thing. I figured I would post and introduce myself. Looking forward to making some contributions to the forum and Profiles. Anyway, here is my chain.

ESP standard series Guitars w/ EMG's... my HRF w/ 57/66 is fav right now. KPA - UAD Apollo twin DUO - MBP running PT11.

Pretty simple and Straight forward. Drop D tuning except on the ESP Horizon FR7 which is B standard. Again, looking forward to being a part of the forum. 8o