Posts by endoverend

Fast.

I notified the Kemper team about my remote malfunctioning on Thursday night .... now it is Tuesday at 4pm and the replacement is under my foot right now.
    I cant remember having anything replaced this fast unless it was over the counter.
    Now its time to work on my trust issues.

Bravo Mr. Matt S. you rock man.

After a few hours of using my remote the screen decided to fritz out and it looked like there were barcode lines across it.
    It had been on for a few hours while I programmed it for my rehearsal and I left it on..then I looked down it was having display issues.
    The remote works and the display has light at this point but it looks all washed out.
    When I turned the contrast to 154 from 0 in the system menu on the KPA it fixed the issue.
    I get the feeling that because this just "popped up" in the middle of using the remote that I may not be able to trust the unit.
    Others have stated that their displays have had issues of a different sort and their unit died completely, I am wondering if this is inevitable.
    What is very concerning is that the remotes work fine for a while and then suddenly die without the user abusing it or making a mistake.
    In my case it still works but I am waiting for the black lines to appear....

It would be cool if forums just had an auto redirect feature (or human) that moves your post to a related forum thread if it looks like a double post instead of engaging the poster.
    Um, searching the forum for a thread before posting an idea is not for the spontaneous artistic types in my opinion.
    +1 on Editor

SPIDIF out VS my Pro Tools HD 16X16 Analog Converters?

I ask this because I know that really great converters come at a high pricepoint and the chipset and manufacturers of the Kemper A/D converters has not been discussed in any forums I have found.

Anyone out there who has PTHD cares deeply about the quality that they are delivering to their client base.
    For that matter we should at least be informed as to the difference between the different capture methods and what is the best practice to use when trying to achieve the highest fidelity results.
    I do like to take 3 sends - amp dry, amp wet, DI dry for reamp.

I am not looking for a weakness to complain about, I just want to know the pinnacle of fidelity.

What are you doing in your worlds and why?

I am very pleased to have my new remote arrive.

So many of you know that Performance mode is the way to go when you want to use the new remote BUT most of us have neglected to learn how to use PM and I myself decided to wait until I had the remote under foot to kill 2 birds with one stone.

It took me 15 minutes to figure it out and complete my first bank of performance slots.
    It would have been faster except I had to find out how to select the slots with the proper button on the KPA - I had never used the 4 way arrows before, just know that this is how you toggle to the next slot - right arrow.
    Assigning the FX to each stomp button by pressing both at the same time is super easy as well.
    Some rigs showed up with the name "initialized rig" in the slot window - hit RENAME and find the quick soft button for "use rig name" and walah fixed.

Time to start enjoying more music and less MIDI programming.

I always thought of BrowseR mode to be a different animal that the browser knob.

So I might as well throw this out there:
    What is the best case working setup to use Browser mode and be able to bank up and down to sets of 5?
    Are we saying sort by rig name then add incremental numbers to the beginning of the rig names in the order we want the rigs to appear? and maybe the unit will bank sets of 5 numbers to imitate MIDI banking? Swap out the text to rearrange the order..such a lo tech workaround to operate a hi tech device.

BTW the pedal has left the building with its owner - mine is on the way so I cant test it today.
    I heard that browser mode banks in sets of 5 - is this true? what is the exact metadata field in Rig Manager that we are using as the criteria to sort?

It seems that everyone has given up on browser mode and moved to performance mode, which I may wind up doing as well yet I want to keep my setup logical to the heritage of a MIDI setup so i have no surprises that I cannot figure out.

Thanks!
    That answers a few questions.
    Working guitar techs and professionals will expect MIDI support to be top notch on this device so I will vote to add sort by MIDI PC# to the browser option.
    In the future if the browser continues to be used in this fashion there needs to be a more powerful set of search features built into it.
    Performance mode can be nice if you KNOW that all is perfect in your setup but having to go to browser mode to make an amp adjustment then back really does not work well for me.
    I have spent about an hour with the new remote - so ya know - coming from a 3rd party midi pedal that was dependent on MIDI CC#s (like the rest of my midi gear) I am confused as to why on earth we would abandon something so industry standard. Are we re-inventing the wheel? I read most of the MIDI protocol specs in the manual and while these open doors for some features I really hope they don't make this unit into a proprietary nightmare.

The remote seems to skip around while trying to program in browser mode.

What is the midi numbering convention for the 5 buttons? Is midi 0 at play here on button 1?
    please help us with a map for browser mode.
    Is it possible to have more than one midi number assigned to a profile?
    I sure wish the remote could display the midi number of the profile!!!!!

performance mode works ok but it's hard to tweak and compare an amp sound on the fly and quickly level match profiles.

Did you know that some profiles just hiss a lot due to the capture?
    I stopped using a few due to an amp like buzz that was ever present. Have you tried a lot of different profiles In your search for answers?
    Check every cable ! I bet it's dimmers like u said - try a furman power filter?

In my opinion the term "studio " should be replaced with a more accurate term - I would delineate it like this - pre amp, is PreA, power amp is PwrA, speaker is Spkr in the comments box - a merged entire amp would be:
    prea-pwra-spkr and any portion you profiled would be obvious and searchable - what are your thoughts on accurate labeling terms?

Sambrox,

Oh! I see why they called the new profiles DI - should called them DI'd
    I recommended the Countryman 45 for this on another thread, on a related front we have been beginning to use the Kemper for BASS guitar and people are posting DI profiles for Bass! that's where things are going to overlap and get confusing.

Thanks Paul and Steve and all who thought about responding,
    Your answers are greatly appreciated.

My remote was charged to my credit card today so I assume it will be here in a week or so.
    Really too bad that the remote will need an update to properly use expression pedals, it really should have had 2 built into it for the price point anyways you think?
    I mean, everyone has a Behringer , the one piece design is efficient and tidy. I expected a more forward approach but now I have to put it on a pedalboard and velcro more pedals.
    At least some things never change.

My questions for today.
    I thought this thread could answer some of the rumors floating around.
    This is edited and moved from the 3.0 thread.

I am on FW 2.7.4 with Rig Manager 1.2.3 .10360 on Win 8.1 64 and everything works as it should. Bravo Kemper Team!

Can someone please post a FW bullet list of what works and what does not? Thank you in advance!

My remote is coming soon and I want to know what to expect when I am forced to update to 3.0.1 or better yet, whatever is NOT beta as of next week and is rock solid stable.

I have read many posts today and have found that some people are having problems with Rig Manager failing with 3.0, what is the current state of the latest RM and 3.0.1 on Windows 8.1 right now ?

I read that the new merged rigs might fail on 3.0.1 is this true or false? what exactly happens? Which exact rigs?

Are people calling a profile that is only an amp head unit a DI profile? This should be labeled something else if so.

Is it true that the rig browser does not have the proper tags to identify the new 3.0 profiles and cannot filter a search with the browse knob to only the new 3.0 profiles? Am I going to be forced to use a folder in rig manager and sequester all 3.0 files manually?

Someone want to chime in here to explain what FW 3.0 means for the profiling of the cabs alone besides talking about heads? What content will be available on the cab front to use and try? How will we manage cabs?

Will pressing a button on my KPA Remote allow me to make the Kemper send a program change through midi out on back of Kemper to another device?

Is there any new information on the prospects of a fully implemented editor?

On a personal note, I really dig the sounds and operation of my Kemper right now. I am not a brand loyalist unless the brand is loyal to me, I really hope that this product does not break my trust in stability and become a source of worry and stress with unsolved software flaws lurking in it. It's a GUITAR AMP people! and don't forget that we as artists want to play music and prefer not to even think about I.T. work when holding a guitar. I really hope I that I never have to explain to another guitarist why my amp wont boot or behave. It will turn the usefulness into a mockery of what I do, which is play music. We are creating a new revolution together here and I am very proud to be a part of it yet I did not sign up to beta test anything and wish that the beta releases of software's were only available for vetted testers who get their copies from a protected download link and that only the stable working releases were posted on the home page of the website with a known list of reported bugs listed in plain simple text. Now don't get me wrong, I really adore my Kemper but this looks like a perfect storm for things to go sideways as I will be forced to change my firmware without question. Please hang in there Kemper Team I know you are working your asses off and making lots of personal sacrifices to get this situation under control and making us all proud, just do us all a favor and keep our Kempers reliable and stable. I will add please, please, please release an EDITOR for all parameters in the unit!

And while you're at it, create an AAX64 plugin that runs the profiles for 2017?

Best regards and cheers for making such a bold and forward thinking product

EOE

My questions for today, thought this thread could answer some of these rumors floating around. :)

Can someone please post a FW bullet list of what works and what does not? Thank you in advance!

I am on FW 2.7.4 with Rig Manager 1.2.3 .10360 on Win 8.1 64 and everything works as it should. Bravo Kemper Team!

My remote is coming soon and I want to know what to expect when I am forced to update to 3.0.1 or better yet, whatever is NOT beta as of next week and is rock solid stable.

I have read many posts today and have found that some people are having problems with Rig Manager failing with 3.0, what is the current state of RM and 3.0.1 on Windows 8.1 right now ?

I read that the new merged rigs might fail on 3.0.1 is this true or false? what exactly happens?

Are people calling a profile that is only an amp head unit a DI profile? This should be labeled a DH profile.

Is it true that the rig browser does not have the proper tags to identify the new 3.0 profiles?

Someone want to chime in here to explain what FW 3.0 means for the profiling of the cabs alone besides talking about heads?

Will pressing a button on my KPA Remote allow me to make the Kemper send a program change through midi out on back of Kemper to another device?

Is there any new information on the prospects of a fully implemented editor?

On a personal note, I really dig the sounds and operation of my Kemper right now. I am not a brand loyalist unless the brand is loyal to me, I really hope that this product does not break my trust in stability and become a source of worry and stress with unsolved software flaws lurking in it. It's a GUITAR AMP people! and don't forget that we as artists want to play music and prefer not to even think about I.T. work when holding a guitar. I really hope I that I never have to explain to another guitarist why my amp wont boot or behave. It will turn the usefulness into a mockery of what I do, which is play music. We are creating a new revolution together here and I am very proud to be a part of it yet I did not sign up to beta test anything and wish that the beta releases of software's were only available for vetted testers who get their copies from a protected download link and that only the stable working releases were posted on the home page of the website with a known list of reported bugs listed in plain simple text. Now don't get me wrong, I really adore my Kemper but this looks like a perfect storm for things to go sideways as I will be forced to change my firmware without question. Please hang in there Kemper Team I know you are working your asses off and making lots of personal sacrifices to get this situation under control and making us all proud, just do us all a favor and keep our Kempers reliable and stable. I will add please, please, please release an EDITOR for all parameters in the unit! :thumbup:

And while you're at it, create an AAX64 plugin that runs the profiles for 2017? :love:

Best regards and cheers for making such a bold and forward thinking product :!: