Posts by theplayer

I managed to get both guitarsignal and an MP3 coming from my Samsung tablet. I use a mini stereo from the tablet (audio out) and first put it in a mono adapter jack like this one: http://www.stofzuigerzakken-on…nts/media/verloopplug.jpg
    Sound is coming on one channel of the headphones. But it's a stereo recorded MP3 and that means that the solo on that mix is far away, almost not audible.
    The same if I use a stereo adapter jack like this one: http://www.obibouwmarkt.nl/med…d27136e95/0/0/0011728.jpg In this case it's reversed: the solo is well audible but the rest is far away.

Is there a way to get the same stereo sound from tablet into the alternative input (stereo or mono input?) and mix it all together with the guitar signal on one ( or better) on both left and right headphones speakers? Then you can benefit both! Volume mixing is no problem.

Hi markyboy
    I have the Powerhead since September 2014 and I'm still a newbie. So I know how you feel. I've spent a lot of time in getting to know and controlling this powerful machine and I didn't scratch the surface yet.
    But patience perseverance and one thing at a time led me to really good sounds, of course with the answers from many helpful and willing forum members to my questions on many topics I started because in the beginnning I didn't know where to start.
    Reading the manual helps but for a Dutch newbie like me it's not always that simple to understand
    the technical stuff. The Reference Manual and the WIKPA (http://www.wikpa.org/Main_Page) give more details and explanation but it takes much time. And I wanted to play more in the beginning.

In the end I'm keeping my Powerhead because it can do better and more than the rather expensive and heavy amps, cabinets, stompboxes, complicated fx-units etc. that I still have. Not to mention cables,
    adapters random stuff in trying to get a decent sound. And I got a really authentic artist sound, at least for the songs in the band I'm playing in. So it has been paying off! Maybe you can reconsider...

And it's very light

That would be an option but the Kemper hasn't that on board. Could the S/PDIF do the trick with a RCA-connector to the input?
    For this purpose I was thinking of my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi using a mini stereo jack from its audio out to the S/PDIF of the Kemper. This RCA will be mono...but it's just for quiet rehearsal try.

I haven't tried it because I receive no sound through headphones. However, in OUTPUT on page
    page 2/6 OUTPUT VOLUMES I linked HEADPHONES and adjusted Headphone volume but no effect.

I wanted to REPLY to a answer from Paults (topic: How to copy rigs from Local Library of Rig Manager to USB to transfer to KPA?) But there 's NO REPLY possible... (how come?)

Anyway... I have a rig on my desktop (and other KIPR-files) in a folder. My RM is connected to the KPA. Downloading rigs straight from the RM into my KPA is no problem! But adding downloaded rigs from my Win 7 into the RM by dragging and dropping doesn't work. Or do I understand something wrong?

Grorig, I must have done something wrong in the chain the first time. So I started all over and it works fine now. Thanks! :thumbup:
    However, the problem with the Marshall switch stays. It's a kind of stepdance to get what you want, Like Paults wrote: pressing two times for on/off and then be quick to get to the pedal....
    My Dunlop Cry Baby with an inbuild switch works better that way but the Kemper 01 and 02 wah sound better, are noiseless and are much more tweakable.

I wonder if it's wise to buy a FS-6 now or better wait for a really good controller that can do it all with just one click for every stomp within a rig.
    - My Line6 long floorboard for the Vetta worked great for that
    - The Voodoo lab GCP seems to have problems for this matter (so I've read)
    - My Roland FC-200 works fine for rig changes but I'm not familiar with CC's
    - The Behringer FCB1010 UnO seems to be a solution?
    - The PEAK FCB4N2 (small display) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d9uumaLG-0#t=781 or the FCB8N

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks Grorig for you clear settings! :)

But it doesn't work. I guess the problem is my Marshall switch: http://skinflint.co.uk/eu/mars…-foot-switch-a304444.html It has the required stero cable.

I put the WWAH Kemper 01 in the rig and the Pedal Pitch and put settings just as you wrote.
    Both Whammy and Wah sound together pressing the expression pedal !
    Switch 1 (left) switches off the Wah. But switch 2 (right) switches another fx off within the rig: the compressor (!) The Whammy stays on!

So better buy 2 other momentary switches or....?

From a previous topic I managed to activate the Whammy in a rig. I carefully saved it and it still works fine!

Therfore I used PPTC (Pedal Pitch) under STOMPS (block 1)
    - heel pitch 0
    - toe pitch 12
    Sounds great in Killing in the name (from RATM)
    In this rig I don't need a Wah so I leave it there.

But just for a try: I connected a Marshall double on/off switch in input 1. That doesn't work! But for that particular rig it doesn't matter. It's available when needed in the song.

BTW: settings in SYSTEM (page 4) :
    - 1: Pedal (type 1) Wah Wah
    - 2: Pedal (type 2) Pitch
    Expression (type1) Pedal 1
    Value 0
    Expression (type 2) Pedal 2
    Value 0

Back to another rig for a wah!
    I engaged a wah (WWAH Kemper 01) just needed for a solo.
    But that doesn't work with the on/off switch on INPUT 1 either. Wah setting is ON during the whole rig. HEEL / TOE setting is still affecting the signal, so I put it back to just Pedal ON.

About what Joptunes suggests ("just need to make sure each rig has both pitch and wah effects setup, then let the KPA pitch to wah feature handle the rest) I haven't been able to achieve that.

Is this different than what Paults stated?

And then the "set up on a different profile".... Paults wrote to set WAH to PITCH...
    It would be very nice to have both Whammy and Wah using the same expression pedal and bypass them indepently under any rig just by heel and activate one or the other for a certain rig just by moving the pedal.
    is this possible and how?

In one of my previous topics I had trouble with connecting a BOSS FV-500H to the Kemper. It was hidden among other questions so now I start a new topic about this.

Paults: You answered then:

"Connect the Boss pedal to Input 2. THAT is the jack for what you want. And, set Wah Pedal to Pitch = ON
    Mine works fine that way.
    You can have both Pitch and Wah be automatically bypassed at the pedal all the way up, or all the way down.
    The wah can be set to not turn on until you move the pedal, using "Bypass @ toe" or "Bypass @ Heel".
    If you move the pedal, the wah comes on.
    Pitch can also be set to "0" pitch change with the pedal at Toe or Heel. Move the pedal, the pitch changes.

In the Refefence Manual I studied this on page 30 (Link Pedals) but I can't figured it out.

Here's what I've done:
    - Connecting to input 2 (stereo cable!)
    - setting Wah to Pitch ( (in SYSTEM - page 6 - MIDI SETTINGS)
    - I choose in Stomps 4: WWAH Kemper 01

- Within the WAH WAH:
    PAGE 1:
    - Manual Pedal mode ON
    - Peak 4.2
    - Pedal Range: 100%
    - Peak Range: 100%

PAGE 2:
    - Pedal mode ON
    - MIX 100%
    - Ducking 0.0
    - Volume 0.0

Like the refenrence manual says: "Likewise, you can link the pitch pedal to the wah effects by selecting “Pitch Pedal to Wah”. In contrast to
    the volume pedal, you must first reset the pitch pedal by pressing it to heel position after a rig change."

Activating the pedal for either wah or pitch by just slighly pressing is great but I can't get it done.

In SYSTEM, PAGE 4: PEDALS
    - PEDAL 1 (Expression type 1)

The screen shows: 1: <unplugged> WAH WAH
    2: Pedal (type 1) WAH WAH

I must overlook something...

Good advice! BTW I have the powered Head.
    There's also a (less heavy) bang when turning the unit on, with all volume settings to zero.

But I agree Kemper should automatically mute signals switching the unit on and off. Maybe in a next firmware update?

Very well done!! Compared to what I have done, you're right! I guess I added too much reverb (but I like a spacy sound) and that affects the tone maybe too much. Your clip however is much more clearer and stays smooth with just that extra punch.
    Nice to compare! I'll try again with a pan to one side, and see what comes out of it. Get back later! ;)

The rig is based on a Cream JTA45 Drive with a Egnater 1x12 cab. But I disconnected the virtual cab and connected my Marshall VS212 cab to it.

When I shut down the KPA with a speaker cab, there's it's always a loud speaker bang! I decrease volume to 0, master volume volume to 0 but that has no effect. I guess it's bad for the speakers too!
    How to shut down quietly?

Just a message to let you all know how incredible the KPA sounds.

I downloaded a Joe Bonamassa rig (JoBona DownPlace G1) from the rig manager, tweaked a little bit and finally it played along in my studio with the live song Down around my place (with John Hiatt Beacon theatre 2012) It's unbelievable amazing how this sounds alike, really awesome. I never got such a sound that accurate, of course with a good guitar (Gibson LP custom BB historic collection).
    I left the matching Egnater Rebel 1x12 as cabinet and connected instead of that an old simple Marshall VS212. Really awesome.
    If someone wants to hear, let me know.

That's OK. I guess I expected too much.
    You have to know the characteristics and frequencies to deal with. I guess that's the hardest part. I know the Kemper can do about everything but it needs always someone to get it.

I really like the controlled guitars tones in all of these video's (specifically ALABAMA): smoothe, very spacy delay with lots of sustain and wah like, with clean accents, but always with a nice drive. Undoubtedly it's achievable within the KPA. What is the best way to achieve such a heavenly sound from the KPA?

https://myspace.com/jackrowdy/videos