Posts by Ewolf5150

The re-initialization is the one thing I haven't tried. I'm a little nervous about doing that. Don't wanna lose all my stuff and not to savvy as far as backing things up and such. Yes, I also tried turning off the kemper, plugging the remote in and then turning it back on multiple times. Does the same thing no matter what I try. Makes zero sense why this is happening. I never had problems before and I'm on the latest firmware

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Sorry for the stupid portrait view

After getting 2 defective remotes I think I'm going to just skip it altogether. I think I got caught up in the hype because this thing really isn't worth $600. That's at least 200 more than I thought it would be. The remote should have been 250-300 max. What I might do now is just wait long enough for some used ones to show up on eBay. It really pisses me off I even had to do this but I can't In Good conscience keep accepting a garbage product for $600. If anyone has a working unit and would like to sell. I am also interested

I'd be worried to. It's probably for your own good. Just received my second remote today and it is defective just like the one I got on Tuesday. It's better at this point to let them fix things. I'm very upset

Well, guess what guys! Just received my replacement remote and ITS DEFECTIVE TOO! Same God damn thing happened. I was all excited when I came home and saw it was here. Plugged her in, worked perfect, just like the last remote. Then I said to myself "ok here it goes, the real test". I unplugged the remote then reconnected it and the exact same problem occurred again. Black lines running up and down the screen and nothing functions. This has to be some software issue. At this point I think I'm going to ask for my money back. Two pieces of crap for $600 this is embarrassing and beyond frustrating. Even if I get a 3rd one, I'm sure it will be on back order at this point and I'll never be sure if it's going to work every time I boot it up.

Yeah, surprisingly they got back to me right away and already shipped a replacement to me via ups express with a prepaid shipping label to return my defective unit. What I don't understand is where do they keep getting all these extra replacement remotes from?

Damn dude that sux! I feel for ya. Now with my remote being a useless brick, I'm worried my replacement won't be here for another month. I'm so upset right now and embarrassed I talked up Kemper so much only to have the remote fail in front of some friends of mine.

You would think that for $600 you would get a quality working product. I'm beyond pissed right now. I really think kemper got overwhelmed with orders and underestimated the amount of remotes they would need to ship, so they rushed everything to satisfy everyone. Between the confusing ordering system, people ordering last and getting remotes first, and the number of defective units, this has been a complete disaster. I understand every company has to take into account fail rates and not every unit will be perfect, but there seems to be an unusual amount of defective units. Why continue to even ship if you know your product is having so many issues? This is one of the downsides to being an early adopter I guess.

This exact thing just happened to me an hour ago! Just got my remote today, worked perfect for the half hour I tried it out. Went to mess with it again and nothing but a small black line that goes up and down on the screen! I'm so pissed right now! I was one of the last to get a remote and waited patiently and it didn't even work for a day!

Uh oh! Just went to try and play around with my remote some more and now it won't work. It was working fine an hour ago. I unplugged my kemper and remote and took it to my upstairs rig. Now when I turn the kemper on and have the remote plugged in, the remote makes a slight hissing noise and this black line keeps going up and down the screen.

Thanks! I was wondering that. I have never used performance mode once in the 10 months I've owned my kemper. I was always a little scared or intimidated by it. Guess I'll have to give it a try

Just got mine half hour ago. Messed around with it for a min. Does anyone know if there is a way to just select your rig and assign it to buttons 1-5? I want to have my clean channel on button one, my lead on button 2, and my bluesy tone on button 3. Thought I could just select rig and hold down the button and it would be assigned to but I guess not

Mine should be here within the next 2 hours from UPS. Very excited. Is it really true everyone else got theirs early except a few select people? One of which is me I guess.

Just checked my email at lunch. It says ready for delivery. Whatever that means. I've seen ready for shipping and payment but not ready for delivery. My ship date is April 6th onwards

Anxiously awaiting mine. It's not the end of the world if I don't get it right away, but I am starting to get frustrated seeing so many people have theirs already, even though I ordered day one like everybody else. April 6th onwards is my scheduled delivery date. I guess it's just that angry feeling you get where you say to yourself "of course, out of all the people who ordered, I'm the unlucky guy who gets his last, just my luck. Why couldn't have I been one of the guys who got his right away"