Posts by chasman

Welcome.

You can find/change your name on page 1 of 9 under system. Push system button. Use page keys (< Page>) to get to page 1 of 9. Top left of screen should say 'Edit Owner'. Press the button right above that (should be lit up). This page will allow you to edit both the owner and device names. Use the type knob to scroll up or down between the owner and device. Use the browse knob to go into edit mode. Press store to save your change.

I'd use the monitor out if you're going to use just one CLR. Use main output when you want to use both CLRs. Running both CLRs from main output will let you run them in stereo. Make sure you go to the output menu to properly setup your outputs (EQ, source, volume). For source I'd use master stereo for main outs and master mono for monitor. There are other ways to setup your outputs, but this should get you started.

thank you very much alwainwright. awesome help.
    thank you also to all who welcomed me.
    and thank you very much ingolf for your help.
    KPA is like a dream machine.

hey gang,
    I finally plugged my KPA in, and used it today for the first time.
    I had it hooked up to one Atomic CLR. (I have 2, but I wanted to be a little quieter for my first time.)

loved it. to the max. only played a few rigs (profiles?). still not real sure on the difference, even though I have read it many times. ok, a rig is just a tweaked profile. cool.
    ok, I was very hesitant trying to figure out what to do, even though I have been reading a lot for weeks.
    any thoughts on the following, greatly appreciated.
    I think I screwed up my name. I think I put a C to try to enter my name (Charlie), and wham, too late, on to the next screen. is it too late to change that? I can't even find where it tells my what the name on my KPA is.
    (I did successfully update to the latest FW.)
    next, I'm wondering about my choice of what to select for my KPA output. I think that I read in Gianfranco's excellent wiKPA, to run out of the monitor output. but that would mean only 1 Atomic CLR. so I think I would lose the benefit of stereo effects.
    and lastly, some of the rigs I played were just sublime. it is interesting how some of them are very quiet though. I had to stay right on my guitar volume control. (1990 built fender '62 re-issue strat........I really like it alot.)
    anyway, this is an amazing beast. thrilled to the utmost max. thank you very much again to all of you who encouraged me before I bought the KPA. :)

"I think this is still very new technology and people are generally adverse to change."
    I agree 100%.
    but it may also be true that the digital amp modeler gizmos these people are familiar with are not so great.
    and they are unaware of how excellent the KPA is.

"I think it would be a very sad day indeed if tube amp companies are unable to sustain their business because everyone has a Kemper."
    I agree 100%.
    that said, I am looking at it from the view that I would never have the money or space to have 10 or 20 or 50, (or whatever number) awesome tube amps. but with the KPA, I have that, and way way more.

lol.
    so glad you got my joke.
    I am an acoustic guitarist. wasn't sure if you would get my humor.
    so very psyched to check out my KPA.again, really nice job on your cabinet.

you guys just all rock. I appreciate your sense's of humor too. :)
    thank all of you so much.
    I am getting the toaster.
    really super excited.
    peace out,
    Chas

edit:
    toaster ordered.
    will be a member of the private forum next week.

hey thanks alot Ingolf.
    that is excellent news and very encouraging.
    enjoyed some video review that you did.
    great video!!
    if you have time, would you please tell me why you recommend the toaster over the rackmount?
    thank you again. at least now for sure I have it narrowed down to getting the unpowered KPA.

thank you very much for replying gianfranco. (just read about you in your profile. you're an amazing guy man.)
    at first I thought I'd get the toaster.
    but I really don't have to rush.
    the first thing that caught my attention about the rackmount is, that I read that the EQ values show on the LCD screen all the time (which it said is not true on the toaster..........which I wonder: has that been changed in a firmware update???).
    sincerely thank you very much for welcoming me and replying.

howdy gang,
    I'm new here. my name is Charlie.
    I am going to buy a KPA. I am writing to ask please for any thoughts, advice, and comments on which one to get.
    I'm thinking definitely without built in 600 watt B & O amplifier.
    thats because I have 2 Atomic CLR active wedges.

the purpose of the KPA will be to use in my amateur home studio.
    I have a '62 re-issue strat.
    I have been primarily an acoustic guitar player for decades.
    but last year I was in a show and had to play some electric. it was amazing. (99.9 % of the time I play home alone.)
    since then I got a Brian Moore synth guitar and a Roland GR 55.
    my guitar amp is an old Mosvalve Tubeworks RT 2100 with 2 x 12 speakers.
    I bought the Atomics to play synth and sing through.
    but I read that they are an excellent fit to go with a KPA.
    I am looking for help to decide:
    1) am I right? get a KPA with no 600 watt built in amp
    2) toaster or rackmount.
    the toaster would be good because it won't take up space in my rack (leaving room for other cool rack gear...........my rack is not large).
    but the rackmount is good, because space in general is kinda at a premium around here. my studio is not very large.
    I have read a bunch about the KPA now.
    I am sooo looking forward to getting one. I think I'm gonna love it.
    thank you for any thoughts at all.
    peace,
    Charlie