Posts by CrisMitchell

Hey Gang,
    Thanks for all the response and recommendations.

I will not be using this speaker for live purposes just for playing in home home studio, i've had my mind made up on getting the CLR but realize i can get a DXR10 for almost 1/2 the price. Knowing my intended usage only for being for personal home monitoring is there still enough of an advantage to get the CLR over say a DXR10? Is the difference 500 dollars worth is what i'm really saying ;)

I do like the square cabinet form factor of the CLR but i'm sure i could live with another.

Thanks again.

Cris...

I'm so glad i opened this thread, based on the glowing reviews I just bought the trainwreck profiles and have to say if they were the ONLY profiles on my Kemper I could die happy. This is exactly the amp tone i have been looking for.

Viabcroce maybe I can get a family discount :)

LasVegas thanks for letting me know that, that's great. I've got to move an A30 before I can make this happen but it is definitely going going to be the atomic when I do. Just watched a glowing review from Pete Thorn on it which put my decision over the edge. Anyone need a Vox :)

This is driving me crazy i've followed the directions to a Tee on doing a back up and restore as I wanted to clean out a bunch of commercial profiles in my Rigs folder and get things back to factory.

Back up goes fine.

1. I insert the USB Drive onto my mac and copy the Backup file over to the mac.

2. rename the file extension .tar and unarchive the folder using guiTAR

3. Clean out the rigs i don't want

4. Select all the folders inside the main backup root directory and recompress

5. change the .tar extension back to .kpabackup

6. insert the usb drive into the kemper, click restore and NOTHING the file is not listed but the original backup file that the kemper made is.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this it's about to drive me to drink ;)

Thanks,
    Cris...

I was just returning to say that i realized that i could add them to the MOD button button but totally appreciate the extra advice you gave, it makes perfect sense.

Getting there slow but sure ;)

This thing is deep, but i'm loving it.

Dumb Question of the Day #2

I've got a pedalboard with a few strymon pedals that i have inserted into the effects loop of the Kemper which works fine.

Reading i saw some users assign the X button as the Fx Return however i know many of my amp profiles including most of the ones from the Amp Factory utilize the X button for EQ. Is there another more obvious solution integrating a modulation based effects board into the Kemper that i'm overlooking?

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Cris...

Thanks for all the friendly advice everyone... Transparent was the word i was looking for. i just want something that's not going to overly color the profiles that i like, playing through the amp effects return is cool but at some point everything starts to sound the same to me.

Glad this is a friendly bunch and not a "let's burn the kemper noob at the stake" group ;)

Cris...

That is the one i was looking at but it seems at first glance to be pretty heavily backordered or that you need to get on a waiting list. Am i correct in that assumption?

Cool well at least i'm going down the right rabbit hole haha

+1 for Atomic Amps

Thanks for your reply.

Ok i've gone done the rabbit hole trying to figure out what my options are in regards to a powered cabinet or speakers for using with the Kemper.

Bear with me i'm new to the Kemper family and am trying to get my arms around this thing.

I have an unpowered Kemper for use in my home studio but would also like the possibility of using it for a gig if need be as well as a practice amp, not a huge fan of practicing through my studio monitors.

I currently have it connected to the effects return of my modded Orange Tiny Terror and 1x12 cabinet with the Cabinet modeling turned off and it sounds pretty good but obviously not like what i hear with headphones and the cab modeling turned on.

So the 100k dollar question is this.

What are other Kemper Users Recommended options.

Thanks in advance.
    Cris...