Posts by Nitrousbob

I prefer a 4x12 , loaded with g12k100's. I have a wide range from bottom to top with a speaker that doesnt tend to break up, i know that it colors the sound to a point but not so far that I cant eq a portion of what I want if its missing. Ver 3.0 was essential to me as I dont use the cab part anywhere but at home and i like to start profiling amps alone, I would like to start using the outs with the cab sim live though Im waiting to have those conversations with the sound guys at different venues so we are not playing around too much when time is not permitted. It sounds great mic'd up also. The one thing I thought that I may need that most players dont is a UPS so you dont have to wait so long to reboot if there is an interruption in power.

This was my first outing live with the profiler, all three bands ended up using the rig, sounded great, the other side of the stage was a peavey 6505+. It was very reassuring to hear the solid state gear with the all tube gear, two punk bands new iron front and the braindead, and then Disciples of Dissent, i got a cell phone video from someone from the show and it shows the profiler in the back thought I would toss it up, rode it hard all night and it did excellent. This rig weighs a quarter of what my all tube rig does and as much as I love that stuff it was nice not hauling it around.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If im hearing the clip correctly i also get this over spdif, but not direct or main outputs.

EDIT: I found out what was wrong with mine, (i figured it was a clock issue but couldnt figure out why i couldnt change it) I use a saffire pro 40 and I couldnt change the sync source to SPDIF, it was stuck on internal and the sample rate was 48k, there was a button I had to tick off inside reaper, under Preferences/Audio/Device - "Allow projects to override device sample rate" Once that was off I could change the options in saffire mix control. Sounds killer now.

Thanks, I love this thing, i cant leave it alone. I play metal some days, others its blues. I use fender cabs with g12k100 speakers. I use the Uno4kemper in a fcb1010, then I modified the unit to use a network cable with the power and midi in a box with a network interface in the back of the rack (i copied part of some stuff a guy used for a axe f/x but will work for any powered midi foot controller i think), also wired the two remaining pins for an additional switch, not sure what to use it with yet.

Just a quick video, im not here to blast the kemper, just to see if someone can hear what I hear then I can remove the video. Ive had a few beers but I just strummed some notes to have someone hear this. I just realized I will try this on another preset tomorrow to see if its preset specific. (why didnt i try that earlier) YOu just find a preset that you like and dont want to leave it behind i guess.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw93jDlYOEs&feature=youtu.be

ask anything Im happy to give all my specs, it turns off briefly, means that effect ceases for a quick moment, sounds like it shuts off and then reengages, my pedal mode is set to on. Ill try again and at this point I might as well make a video. maybe its a language barrier, or im having trouble putting this to paper. I will also check the stomp light, its 10pm here and i cant check it out but will tomorrow after work. I will also just try the wah mode with the pedal disconnected and get back.

Planning to use the kemper live to replace my current rack gear, hopefully profile my engl 530 and mesa 2:100 and lighten the load. I wanted something that could possibly sound as good and weigh a lot less. Currently as I have had it a week, I wish there was an on/off for the noise gate and able to control it with a midi change and of course two outputs for speakers so I didnt have to make up weird cables. I also think it would be cool like with my old boss gear to add lfo's to midi controlled things and be able to change any parameter with a midi assignment. I also wonder about the arrangement of the effects as wah is typically before the amp.

That being said, it sounds great, i usually only use two or three channels anyway and the tuner works well with low tunings. If fulfills my gigging needs. Im using it with a fc-300 i had laying around. And hopefully soon I will go and profile my current rig and pull it out of the rack. but needless to say this kemper goes where I go until im done screwing around with all the features.

Im still trying to finish reading the reference manual.

First off sorry, but the search function wanted 4 letters and Wah is only 3. Im having a problem with the wah turning on and off intermittently when Im using my foot controller, Im using a fc-300 in standard mode, with the exp 2 switch set to CC 22 to turn off Stomp X (latch mode), range is set to 0 -127, and CC 1 set to 0 - 127, I have ducking set to 0.0 , but with a real loud note (i mostly notice the input led turning red, im not positive this is the only time but it seems to be), it appears to turn off briefly . im not sure what im missing