Posts by Dani_munich

I think that`s right, morphing parameters only works within the current rig selected and not across rigs.
    Same for me using an expression pedal for the delay mix! However I use and love analog delays and have two of them in the Kempers FX-loop and have been waiting for ages to be able to continuosly fade those pedals in/out! This would be really nice and actually something you can not do easily with a conventional amps FX-Loop! (Steve Morse does that from what I remember with additional volume pedals attached to his delay pedals)

4. Expression Pedal assignable to any parameter

This would be a great feature! Especially being able to assign the MIX of the Stomps, the X- and Mod-Slot. With this you could place any external FX-Pedal in e.g. the X-Slot and control the Volume of that Pedal via an Expression Pedal! For me I love my analog Delays (though KPA Delay is also ok) and it would be great to be able to control their MIX by placing it (with kill-dry) in a Slot and controlling the Mix through my Expression Pedal!
    Same for old-school analog Flangers, would be a super nice feature as you could control the intensity by adjusting the mix!

Hi,
    I would like to be able to control the Volume of the Delay and Reverb using an Expression Pedal.
    I have two things in mind:
    1. Using the KPAs Delay and Reverb and use Midi CC to control their mix. This works well but unfortunately my Expession Pedal has no Option to set its range, so when the Pedal is at MAX (127) the mixes are at complete wet (without the dry-Signal) which is not what I want. I have been searching through the Forum and from what I have been reading, there is no way to set the range on the KPA side, is that correct? So there is no way to tell the KPA that it is supposed to be at MIX "normal" 100% (dry and FX are equally loud) when the Expression is at MAX (127)?
    2. As this seems to not work, I was thinking of using a "real" delay and reverb as I have an analog Delay and an Reverb Pedal from my times before the Kemper left anyway (both kill-dry). So I thought of putting them in a Loop (using the Direct-Out/Send and Return Inputs) and put that loop either in the X or MOD Slot of the KPA FX-Section. In Principle this works as I can adjust the Dry/FX-Mix then by adjusting the Mix of that slot. The question is now is it somehow possible to control the Volume/Mix of a Slot by using an expression pedal? I couldn`t find an apropriate MidiCC message in the manual or was I overlooking something?

Or does anyone else have any other idea how it would be possible to control Delay/Reverb-Mix with an expression Pedal without adjusting the range of the Pedal?

Cheers,
    Daniel

Well thats perfect then! As long as the DI doesn`t color your sound (e.g. by simulating a Cabinet) this will work fine.
    And you will get great sounding rigs in the end dont worry :) Even if your Profile was done using a specific Cab, in my experience it also sounds great when using different Cabs in the Kemper to make it a full rig afterwards. I love my Profiles and the Cab used in the Kemper is in fact very different from what I recorded it with. You should just be aware that this is not the sound you will get when plugging the real amp into that cab (except the one you really recorded it with)

It will work but then it will always sound (also when afterwards playing the profile through a real guitar cabinet) as if you are using the load Box because you capture the way the amp reacts to this certain load. I made different profiles of the same amp with the exact same settings but different Cab, and the Profiles all sound very different!
    Especially when afterwards playing the Kemper through Cab B although the Profile was done with the Kemper loaded with Cab A and vicevesa. It sounded very different but still very good! But exactly like the real amp it was only sound when using the Kemper also with the Cab the Profile was done with.
    That being said, if you like the way your amp sounds with the Load Box thats of course ok for profiling. Just keep in mind that it will sound different if you are using a real cab or a cab-sim with these profiles than the real amp would (which doesn`t mean it will sound bad, it might sound awesome! It just won`t sound the way the real amp would!).

Just did my first DI-Profile and its fantastic, the Kemper finally also sounds great through a regular Guitar Cabinet! I couldn´t tell any difference between the real Amp and the Kemper both running through the Cab. Also no issues using Midi yet. Only Issue was importing rigs via USB-Stick but that has been reported before and I´m sure they will fix that soon. Now I really love my Kemper!