Posts by DrDreas

Hey guys, just wanted to share these profiles. It is a little unorthadox in that I used the Amp into a Koch loadbox into a Speaker sim for the profiles, but I always loved the result I got. The amp is just a Stock (White) 2004 1987x Plexi...but (at least to me) it just sounds really good!

Search 1987 MS STK or user Dre

Basically there are 7 variations, the ones marked 1 to 5 have some post EQ too...you may prefer the "Lo" and "Strat" versions if you want it straight. I did notice it doesn't work too well when you swap cabs...I'm still trying to work out how the Kemper comes up with the point the amp ends and the Cab starts...Would love to have more control over separating them.

Let me know what you think of the profiles...I think they work well with a Les Paul or Strat! :thumbup:

Hey guys, I've owned my KPA for about a week now and while I love the endless array of tones available, one thing I was having trouble with was the massive differences in cab tones clouding my judgement as to whether I liked a sound or not...it seems to take my ears a while to adjust to the way the cab influences it and for the most part, just need a couple of go-to's that work with a variety of amp sounds. My previous rig was used much the same way and only really had one cab sound that worked great most of the time.

I downloaded Till's free cab pack and I think I've found it...it's the 029 G12H30 (but I've found the cabs in this pack in general to be awesome and well balanced). I can run most rigs into it and get a great tone that doesn't make odd frequencies pop out when I change from say a bassman to a Plexi to a dual rectifier or 5150, at least at home, I haven't tried it live yet. Just curious if anyone else has one they always go back to and whether it sits well in a mix. The tones I go for are mostly between early EVH and modern metal tones.

Thanks Till for the great free profiles and cabs, I'm intrigued by the Chimera pack...it sounds massive. I think this will be my first big commercial profile pack purchase!

Rad! I just got a Koch loadbox and I work in a Guitar store...Loads of DI profiles coming up!

Cheers Ingolf, I get what you mean by Strange sounds when combining...I played with a 500X for a while and when you pan two amps to centre it doesn't always sound flash...This has been my experience in general when summing guitar sounds from different sources. The Kemper folk seem pretty clued in though, I reckon they could do it in a way that stops similar frequencies from doubling up or cancelling out...or you could add a phase parameter for one of them to combat it.

I do love a good double track effect though (For all those times you can't do it for real...being the obvious answer to the question above) but they are hard to get. After reading some of the reference manual last night, I'm thinking there might just be enough to play with. If I come up with a good result, I'll throw a patch up (Did my first one yesterday...Check it out and let me know what you think if you want another take on Slashs tone).

I also noticed they almost got the dual chain to something I'd like, but it's split before the amp, not after ?( More geared towards bass players wanting a separate DI chain

Hey guys I'm new here and totally smitten with this unit. As far as I'm concerned, almost everything you could want is already there, but for me I'd love the ability to run a dual amp chain or even better, a way to merge two sounds into one with an average of the two + the ability to adjust the percentage blend 30/70% for example...I think digitech were doing this with one of their units a few years ago...it may have already been said, but hey...this is a big thread haha.

As of yet, I haven't been able to get a great double track effect either. It may be to early to say, but having some more parameters to play with to add a detune or modulation to a 100% wet single repeat 20-50ms ping pong delay is along the lines...or even a reverb that let's you pan a short 'verb on only one side 100% wet etc, but I haven't fully explored all the effects yet

Hey guys, first time poster...I did search but the one thread that came up was too old to post in. Am I correct in thinking no-one has profiled his Axe-FX SL68 Tone match and/or cab IR's? One of the best plexi sounds I've heard and probably the main reason I joined here haha. Whoever does this or links it will forever have hero status to me :D

On that note, any other good angry EVH style profiles around? This is the best one I've heard thus far:

http://www.topjimi.com/1968-Ma…0W-Profiles-68MARSHSL.htm