Posts by Althegreat

Thanks! :)

Sure thing ;) Every profile is either stock or found on Rig Exchange. The only thing I changed were the cabs.

All guitars were high-passed in Kemper at 80Hz and low-passed at around 10KHz before and after the tone stack. I also added Soft Shaper with Drive at 0.4 to all guitars after the tone stack to get more growl/crunch out of the profiles.

Profiles:

Guitar Left:

• Profile: "TH - Diesel VH Four I" by Lars Luettge
    • Cabs: York Audio Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12 IRs (MPT IRs of 57, 421 and 121 blended in Reaper to taste)

Guitar Right:

• Profile: "TH - Mars VM OD1" by Lars Luettge
    • Cabs: York Audio Bogner 4x12 IRs (MPT IRs of 57, 421 and 121 blended in Reaper to taste)

Guitar Clean:

• Profile: Same as Guitar Right but rolled the volume on the guitar almost all the way down and played softly near the neck pickup

Guitar Solo:

• Profile: Same as Guitar Left
    • Wah: "Wah Vowel Filter"
    • Fuzz: "Muffin"

Bass Main:

• Profile: "GK 250 RL CLN" by McRIS
    • Cabs: York Audio Ampeg 4x10 IRs (Phase aligned IRs of 52, 421 and Mix01 blended in Reaper to taste)
    • Distortion: Reamped the final take through Kemper's stock SansAmp profile "Brass Diver S+V+T" and adjusted to taste

Bass Intro:

• Profile: Same as Bass Main but without the distortion
    • Delay: Legacy Delay (1/8th and 1/16th, Mix: 99.5%, Feedback: 6%)
    • Chorus: "Vintage Chorus" (Rate: 3.5, Depth: 5.0, Crossover: 20.6 Hz, Mix: 15%)

Here's a medley I made of some of my favorite Tool songs. Used Kemper for all guitars and bass. (Diezel VH4, Marshall Vintage Modern, GK 250 RL) Also used York Audio Impulse Responses for all the cabs.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thx deadpan!

Yeah I was surprised how good the Roadking sounded with my bass. Definitelly worth a try.

Joyride is a cool song so post a clip if you record anything. ;)

Thanks warlus1!

I used these profiles:

Uberschall: DRA_Uberschall_Crunc by David_Rivilla
    6505 (not 5150) : Mago - 6505+ Red1 by Marco Cudan
    Mesa Roadking: King Modern 5 by Christoph Kemper

I just got the new Chevelle album and was inspired to get some similar tones out of the Kemper. I think I managed to get pretty close. I used an Uberschall profile on the left and a 5150 on the right. For the bass I used a Mesa RoadKing profile.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys!

Here's another composition from my Kemper Profiler Compositions series on YouTube. This time I decided to use the stock Mesa Boogie Stiletto Trident profile by Deadlight Studio called MeBo Still Netto Tightdrive.

@Monkey_Man
    Thank you so much, man! :)

@nightlight
    Thanks man for compliments! :) I've recorded both guitars and bass with some internal EQ of the Zen Studio interface coming in to the DAW. On the bass I also used Zen Studio's internal compression coming in.

In terms of plugins I mostly used Steven Slate's Virtual Mix Rack with the stock Mix Bundle that it comes with (2 EQ's and 2 Compressors). For stereo compression I used Steven Slate's Virtual Buss Compressors plugin. The SSL (FG-Grey) and the Red compressors.

My 2bus in the mix session had these plugins:

- Nebula Reverb (AlexB's SSL4000 Modern Buss FULL preset)
    - Virtual Mix Rack with SSL EQ's for broad shaping of the sound
    - Virtual Bus Compressor (FG-Grey) for 2bus compression

My mastering chain had these plugins:
    - BX Digital V3 for high pass at 22hz (6db slope) on mono channel and 69hz on stereo + plus removing different annoying frequencies in the low and high mids (max. 1db cuts)
    - Three instances on A.O.M's Invisible Limiter at 16x oversampling with the last one set to -0.5db ceiling. I was aiming for an output level of 12db RMS.

My biggest advice to you in terms of mastering is to reference a track you really like. Or even several tracks. That way you'll know how the professional master sounds all along the way and you can make tweeks to your track based on that.

Here's a great video on that topic:

I'm still learning myself but referencing other tracks was a big improvement for me.

Hope that helps! :)

Hey guys!

Here's a new composition I made using the new stock TopJimi profiles for F4.0. The profiles I used were:

Guitars: TJ - Mars TM 45 Max-3
    Bass: TJ - Fan BM Cln-3

Hi guys!

I decided to write some new music because it's been awhile since the last time. I decided to only use Diezel VH4 sounds. I used the VH41 profile by NB for the clean guitars and bass and for the distorted guitars I used the PP VH4 CH3 Tight Rhy profile by PremierProfiles. Cool profiles for sure! :)

I'm happier than I let on... :P

I tell the young on the side students (friends' kids) not to get discouraged because they are an elite few in the world's population that took the time and had the money and good fortune to try to learn to play guitar. :)

Exactly! I am always grateful for everything in my life. I'm very fortunate to live in a country where I have the possibility to become anything I desire to become. I'm always deeply grateful for that. How cool is it to plug into the KPA every day and have ANY amp sound at your disposal just in milliseconds and for the RM-library to expand daily with more sounds. So thank you to everyone for making those profiles! :)

It's still hard to turn average stubby fingers into Eric Johnson/Jimi Hendrix super long french fry/drumstick fingers... LoL!

Dude, you're hopeless! :D :D ;D

All it took for me to get my playing to where it is today was just constant practice. Also teaching the concepts to other people was the single most important thing for me to actually understand the theory and how to more easily approach things. I highly recommend teaching to anyone who wants to improve fast at anything really. It has done wonders to my own playing. :)

I still believe you can achieve the playing level you desire. ;)

I'm firmly in the "not everyone can do it" camp.
    If you start at 40, you won't be nowhere near that skill level at 58. :D Also, there are people who I know have been playing for 40+ years and are nowhere near your skill or musicality.

First of all, thank you for your kind words! ;) I'm a firm believer in positive thinking and I always try to lift peoples moods up whenever I can and it has helped me along the way tremendously. I believe that everyone has the potential to be as great as they want to be. They only have to believe it themselves first. I had a really negative outlook on practicing when starting out and it really hindered my progress. Once I changed my thinking and my outlook, things stated to progress and I saw the results I was hoping for. That's why I always encourage my students when I can. :) my 2cents..

Yeah, I've been playing since 2nd grade, and I'm 47 now. LoL!

I can play, I just know my limitations (although I try to push them a little further out every time
    I pick a guitar up. :) )

That's the spirit, man! ;) You are great and you should know it! :)