Posts by Laurens

pretty easy - just bus the original track to an aux track, put on a 100% wet delay there, and afterwards whatever effect you want (like a flanger etc - or even some nasty distortion). Tweak the send level on the original track to achieve the blend you want.

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines, but I don't often use bussing for convenience, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification! ^^

Thank you! It's a Signature series based on his 57. It has a custom neck profile, a "player's cut" for easier upper neck access, a smoothed neck heel joint, a custom gold color w/ a black stinger on the rear of the headstock, and deeper pickup cavities that allow you lower the Ron Ellis custom wound PAFs deeper into the body (supposedly improves resonance). This was Ron's guitar that I got in a trade a few years back... Lee Roy got #001 and he got #002.

Cool man! Never heard of it and I have to say I've never heard of the man either. I'll check his music out. ^^

Maybe the conventional use of delay has lost its inspirational value for you? Have you tried the more unique stuff like shimmer and reverse? What I'd suggest also trying is routing effects through your delayed signal only. I don't know how you'd go about it, but I used to have a Deluxe Memory Boy (great pedal, by the way) that offered an effects loop. You could put a tremolo in that, and it would only affect the wet signal. You could probably route something like that in DAW as well, but I can't tell you how off the top of my head. Probably with busses.

Well, I'm a fair bit younger (23 at the moment) and I don't own a 2290, so I can't tell you that. I've used it on a few occasions, but I can't give you a straight comparison. I can't say I've ever bought something based on technical specs, by the way. I won't rule something out because of some spec I don't like either. In the end, it's about what sounds good and certainly for live-application, I don't think anything I've used or heard can beat the Strymon Timeline for value. I have to stress that the idea of having presets is very important to me. One analog delay with a tap tempo might suffice for you, while it doesn't for me. I like the weird stuff you find in a Timeline and I use analog delays mostly for feeding one into another. Or I'll feed an analog one into a digital one, whatever works.

Ofcourse you are right.

So more correct it is "vintage analogue/dynamic/older lower bit digital" vs new 16/24-bit delays;

Btw the 2290 is as far as I can remember a "dynamic delay"

It's a dynamic delay, but that doesn't make it less digital. It's one of the finest digital delays ever made though, in my opinion. On the other hand, I'd say the Timeline is on par with about anything I've ever heard. It's really stellar. However, for feeding multiple delays into each other, I'd still go analog.

from the reviews it looks robust which is not the comments from the moog's (plastic, looks weak although no failure reported)
    how do you replace the cable? DIY with cooking rope or do they sell parts somewhere?

The Moog has a separate cable. Any TRS cable will work with it. I used 2 Moog's with a Strymon Timeline and a Mobius; they took a beating and kept working. Really nice value on them. I haven't tried them with the Kemper though, but I can't imagine them not working properly.

I think it's not a matter of use friendliness - I'm sure most people who would like an editor would be perfectly fine with the exact same interface on the editor as on the unit itself. It's more a matter of convenience, especially if the kemper is in a rack as opposed to sitting on the desktop.

That's a situation in which I could totally understand wanting an editor. I'm not in that situation though and was just trying to say that if there are no plans for an editor, implementing those features in the rig manager would already make for a nice update. :)

I dabble in some keys; mainly (bass-)synths. These are way out of my range, but they do look nice.

Have you seen this video (as you bring up the guitar in comparison to it)?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh wow, I thought this was going to be crackling as an effect. Like the first sound in this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I loved that out of the Mobius, but I sold it when I got the Kemper. I sometimes miss that feature, though.

I've had this problem as well though, but without headphone space, as I never use headphones with my Kemper. Weird.

I haven't done that, probably because the input on my Orange was on the right as well. The guy in the store where I first played the Kemper did mix them up at that very moment, which was pretty funny.

I can recognise myself in the re-amping story though, certainly have done that. :P