Posts by thegodfathergary

Hi everyone,

I've owned my Kemper for around 4 years now and it's fantastic. The best bit of guitar gear I have ever purchased. Up until recently I have only ever used it in my studio with powered monitors, in my case KRK Rokits. It's always sounded great. However, I recently decided to use it in other situations as well and bought a Zilla 1x12 cab to go with it. Rather than sell the un-powered Kemper and by a powered Kemper unit I decided to purchase the Camplifier Studio as it was nice and compact and had a very small footprint. Also, plenty loud enough for my needs.

I have the patch cable going from the signal input of the Camplifier to the monitor output of the Kemper. I then have the speaker cable going from the speaker output of the Camplifier to my 1x12 cab. I then obviously have the power cable going to the Kemper itself and the Camplifier. However, when I power everything on all I get is a very loud hum/hiss. This is without plugging in any guitar. Just the Kemper and the Camplifier. It's completely unusable. Has anyone got any ideas??

So far I've tried replacing all cables with new ones, no change. I've moved the whole setup into other rooms of the house, no change. I've tried all of the ground/lift switches, no change. I've tried other amp heads with the same cab and cables and everything is completely silent. So something somewhere in the Kemper is wrong surely?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I thought that this idea would be fairly bulletproof and easy but so far I have had nothing but problems. Hopefully I'm just being stupid and not selecting an option on the Kemper or plugging something in wrong somewhere. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,
    Gary.

:)

Been on another major Vai kick lately and I just wondered if anyone had managed to dial in a profile for those clean, delayed, spangly tones from Ballerina 12/24? I know the original was done with a harmonizer and figured someone out there had dialed in a similar tone.

Many thanks in advance! :)

I did fix this one over the weekend. In the end though I just decided to wipe the thing and start again. My rigs were a bit of a mess anyways after 2 years of solid use, so on Friday night I decided to start fresh. I wiped it, installed the latest firmware and started putting some rigs back on whilst sorting out the dead wood and stuff I didn't use or need. Everything is much better now. No problems that I can hear or tell when changing patches and it was a good excuse to have a spring clean.

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker on these forums and a big Kemper fan/user but lately I've been having some issues with it. I've had my toaster for a couple of years now (currently running v3.3.0) and I've been experiencing this bug where if I boot the Kemper up and play for a while it sounds great as always, but if I then change to another patch and then switch back to the original patch again...it sounds awful and totally different. It's been doing it for a while now and at first I thought it might just have been my dodgy ears, especially when switching from distorted patches, to clean patches and then back to distorted patches again. However I decided to fully test it by recording a track in Reaper whilst I switched patches in between a 'test riff' and it does indeed sound noticeably different. The sound wave itself in Reaper completely changes! The only way for me to fix it is to switch the Kemper unit off completely and then to boot back up again. Voila! It sounds like it should have and did originally.

Any ideas what it might be? Luckily I'm not using it for gigging currently but when I do it will be bordering on useless. It's only useable right now for me if I stay on the one same patch all evening! Should I try a full wipe, delete and restore to factory defaults?

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Gary.

Fantastic. Just perfection.

I've never posted here before but I'm a long time lurker. This pack is so good though that I had to post something. Gerald, you are indeed a good dude. I've been using your profiles since the old IIC+ packs and they're really the only profiles I ever use on my Kemper. In terms of crunchy lead and rhythm tones...nothing comes close.

Meambobbo, I love your tweaks too. Always seems to make everything better. And as for your reverb stuff...wow!

Thanks guys for all the free, hard work! Much appreciated.