Posts by Aleksandar

Hi,

I am relatively new to Kemper profiling amplifier. I use it with my guitars only. I just got Jackson bass guitar and I was wondering if there's anything special that I need to change in my current rig (guitar -> Kemper amp -> Roland Quad Capture (audio interface) -> KRK Rokit 10" studio monitors)? Would I need to monitor bass guitar with bass cabinet? Or I can use the same setup that I use for my guitars? I read the manual and it mentions several things for bass players and the setup that was mentioned there includes bass cabinets.... Please let me know if you tried it. As from my understanding, everything should be OK with the current rig setup and I should not be able to "brick" any of these devices.

Thanks,
    Aleksandar

Thanks Raoul. Here's what happened. It as actually a "false" alarm - sorry. "Flashing" KPA LCD screen did not start to occur after the firmware update - it started to occur after I connected LAN cable to it, but at the same time I updated the firmware, so I thought the firmware was the culprit. Anyway, for my unit, whenever KPA is connected to my network switch, LCD screen will blink - so I won't connect it anymore. Also, I took your advice and flashed the firmware to 2.6.0 Beta. Thanks once again!

I bought KPA lunch box yesterday. It had 2.2.x firmware. I decided to flash the firmware to 2.5.0. It completed the firmware update successfully. Unfortunately, after the firmware update, LCD screen is blinking very fast (flashing). It seems like that the LCD screen frequency is like 20Hz. I set it to 60Hz. I played with contrast, brightness, it did not change at all. Still dimming out and dimming in very quickly. Please help, should I return the device while I still have the time? Is there a way to flash back the firmware to older version, maybe the screen will not blink anymore. Thanks. I appreciate the help.