Posts by 9081a928ee4bf295cc0dc8a823f84f8f5bfada24

No, I just use the monitor out without cab in a class D poweramp in my cab. When choosing the cab, I use my studio Monitors (neumann kh 120) and my daw, feeded wih the Main out. I tweaked the profiles of the cabs, yeah. But at the time i built my Sound, ver3 was new and Not many merged profiles and cabs were available... I just wanted to know if it's possible to digitalize MY mixed down cab. But I'll look through the cabs again. Thank you all

At First: thank you for the replies! I looked through the cabs, but none of them give me the balanced character my cab gives me. It always lacks some frequencies i appreciate on my cab. The Signal itself Sounds good. But it won't blend in the Band... It Sounds like that there's no way to do a cab Profile only, so i have to get a compromise cab Profile. Ok. Would have been nice to mic up my kemper for recording and then doing a Profile, so i can recreate my Sound for recording and live situations. Thanks.

Hello. I've never done a Profile myself... I'm playing my kemper with a very good marshall Profile and different settings. It Sounds amazing with my cabinet. Is it possible to make just a cab Profile? I mean in a way that the kemper uses it's own preamp Profile and checks out how My cabinet reflects it? Problem is that it Sounds amazing, but every live engineer prefers to mic up my cab because it Sounds better than the Main out with the existing cab profiles... Please help me! I would do it with my daw and multiple microphones and EQING so it sounds like would record it... Thanks for your help!

I'm getting crazy here, sorry man... I did the following:
    - I have a performance with different sounds (Crunch, High gain, compressed crunch etc), they are all set up with the same amp but different settings, and they all use the same cab simulation
    - the sound over monitor out (over my actual cab) is good for me, but the sound the mixer guy gets or i record is not so good
    - when I record I use the main out, and turn off the cab section in the Stack. I run it through guitar rig with some eqs and it sounds killer

now i want to replace the cab section with the one i use in my DAW. I tried to make IRs for cab maker, imported it, but it doesn't sound anything like the DAW Cab, doesn't matter if i make the IRs with pink noise, sweeps raw, pink noise and sweeps reamped through the amp section without cab to make an acurate frequency range. I tried to profile the amp with amp and eq settings from kemper, but even when i switch between reference and kemper amp before the actual profiling it sounds different, even though i routed the main out to the direct out to have the exact same sound on my main out and my direct out so he only profiles the difference. but the kemper replaces everything with profiling, amp and cab. i need to find a way to just make a preset for the cab in my DAW. I don't know if that's even possible after all I tried :( :( :(

I had the old os running. I didn't want to have the risk that anything could happen, very important gigs in thursday and saturday. I Tried to make IRs of the software cab, but it won't work or sound like the kemper without cab and directly in the interface with guitar rig doing the cab. wil now switch to 3.0. I have an editet performance, and just want to change the cab simulation without changing the direct signal to the real cab. Could you please describe how to do that? New to the materia...

I had the experience that many (smaller venue) FOH engineer, especially when more Bands are involved, don't like the Idea of givin' me some extra treatment with XLR-cables and take the placed SM57. Then, in addition, I often have to play over Cabs which don't fit my settings of the Monitor Out. So I have a peavey double eq (10 band I think) to adjust the sound which goes to the Cab. Saves nerves, is pretty fast and I can keep "my" settings on one channel and have an extra eq-channel for the venue-cabs. Should work for FOH/XLR just as well. I don't want to play without it, especially because the built in eq hasn't got the flexibility and bands an EQ needs to adjust precisely.

Best regards,
    Tobi