Posts by GiorgioV

The speakers do not have independent connections.

[Blocked Image: https://macprovid.vo.llnwd.net/o43/hub/media/1001/11537/cp_768_iloudmm_points_front.jpg]

So I can either use the RCA inputs or the aux input. I think the best way would be to connect two female XLR from the kemper to the RCA inputs but I can't find a cable that's long enough.

If I use the 1/4" jack monitor output of the kemper and connect it to the stereo jack of the rca/jack cable of the speakers I should be able to have the Kemper come out of both monitors, right?

So, I'm ordering the IK multimedia tomorrow (thomann didn't have them in stock until the 16th)

One question tho, regarding connection to the Kemper. I will buy an extention cable because the monitors will be placed quite far from the Kemper. If I want to connect these to the Kemper WITHOUT going through an audio interface, what extention cable do I need?

The monitors have RCA inputs and come with a rca - 1/8" stereo cable. Also there's a 4 pin XLR input.

Should I get a Female 3 pin XLR cable to male rca? Or a female 3 pin xlr to a male 4 pin? Or possibly an extension cable with one end 1/4" (stereo?) and the other a female 1/8"?

Pros and cons? I don't really need stereo effects but I do need for the Kemper sound to come out of both speakers...

I need recommendation for a pair of monitors to use at home.

I need something small, because I really can't use too much volume in my apartment and I already have my amps and attenuator if I want to make noise anyway. Something barely over the level of loud conversation basically.

I've been playing through a good set of headphones for years now and I'm getting tired of it..I'd really like to find the right set of small speakers, expecially when I listen to music and play over a track with the kemper.

I'd be nice if it's something on the cheap side (since I'd be looking at something really small) but I don't want to sacrifice quality too much. I already have a set of M-Audio but I really, really hate those. They're way too bass heavy and I can't stand bass heavy sounds.

Thanks a lot.

Hi, I have a (probably) dumb question about profiling.

I've had my KPA for a couple of years now, used it for gigs and rehearsal many times, but I never had the time to do a proper profile of my rig.

Today I finally got the chance to spend some time in the studio with a friend - the owner of such studio - who was very curious to see the kemper in action and the profiling process, so I loaded all my rig in the car and went there.

We set up the rig properly, mic'd the cab with thee microphones (my own Sennheiser e906, a shure sm 57 and a ribbon microphone), everything went into a Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard (a valve mixer) and back into the Kemper.

Since I was in the studio I spared no volume and pushed my amp where I set it for big gigs. It's a Reeves Super '78 50 watt head, not exactly a bedroom amp, I put the master at 50%, which is quite loud indeed.

The "problem" was that we could only keep the "return level" parameter on the Kemper almost all the way down, at -32 db. Ideal level ended up being -31,6 db. I tried entering both with the xlr cable and with the 1/4 inch input, and the result was the same.

I'm pretty confident I wasn't overloading the signal via the Fat Bustard: going into the mixer the sound was absolutely right.

So I want to ask: is there some other setting I should have tweaked before? Something in the input section? Or is it the normal behaviour of the KPA?

The profile ended up sounding good anyway but it wasn't exactly the tone we had mixed before connecting the kemper and I think dropping the return level so much might have had something to do with it.