Posts by krut917

Hi everyone.

I'm running a Big Sky into the stereo effects loop of my Kemper Stage, and I'm noticing that I'm getting a comb-filtery kind of sound when I engage the effects loop (whether I have the Big Sky on or off). I'm wondering if there's something that I'm doing wrong? I'm sending from the out of the effects loop into the left channel of the Big Sky, and then going left and right out of the Big Sky into the Right and Left in of the effects loop of the Kemper. I've messed with the pre and post amp option on the Effects loop block to no noticeable change in the intensity of this sound. I looked into the Big Sky manual to see if there was some weird default setting that encourages this sound, but came up with nothing. Anyone else running stereo effects in their effects loops notice anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It'd be awesome to have a high pass filter on the reverb block. I use reverb as a texture/wall of sound, and sometimes those low and low-mid frequencies really balloon in sound when utilizing reverb to be like a pad. It was a feature I really enjoyed from Fractal Audio, and now miss returning to the Kemper camp. I've tried to imitate it with a graphic Eq engaging when my reverb engages, but it's also removing my main signal's low end at the same time, which is undesirable.

I'm sure this has been covered before, I just couldn't find an answer specific enough. I'm considering abandoning using my HD500x as a midi controller and using some of my stomps in front of the KPA, some expression pedals, and some sort of smaller device rig/scene change and tap tempo. I'm sure that sounds hilarious as the pod does all of that but I just don't want to add stomps next to an already sort of bulky setup. Looking at the manual, I see you can plug in a double switched TRS cable into the back for patch changing. My real question is, if I were to get external footswitches for patch changing and tap tempo (in a compact manner), does anyone have any suggestions? or should I loop my pedals on the distortion side and keep the HD500 (until I have $ for the mythical KPA foot controller).

As a previous Pod and M13 user, I think the things I miss the most are the synth filters, and a wider variety of reverbs. In the setup in which I currently perform, I often take synth leads from the keyboardists that perform with me at church because they often hide in the mix with a piano with pads (makes my job more fun!). Since moving to the KPA, I've made due with modulations and pitch tricks to a likeable effect, but I still find myself missing the synthy string filters and I REALLY miss the modulated reverb that sustained out my guitar with a keyboard-like pad.. I've tried to route the HD500x, and also (separately) the M13 through the loop with noticeable shaping and coloration to my signal (not a KPA loop problem, a Line 6 problem). I would love to see some synth filters and also some more reverbs like a shimmer verb, or having more parameters found in other units like the EH cathedral verb. Obviously these aren't and shouldn't be a make or break on this unit, but I'd much rather abandon pedals and have a simpler setup that furthers even more the testament of how versatile and player friendly the KPA is.

I don't know if this is currently possible how the KPA is set up (or my midi knowledge is lacking which is just as likely), but just checking, has anyone been able to assign multiple parameters to an expression pedal? As an example, when I used my HD500x I would assign the expression pedal simultaneously to the reverb level, the decay, and pre-delay. I would do this to not have to put in another reverb slot in the pod. I've found this setup to be quite useful, but I haven't been successful in replicating this thing in the KPA just yet, I only have the option of either the level, the decay, or the pre-delay. Anyone know if I can replicate this?