Posts by dvdmonster

I'm looking for recommendations on how to boost my volume during solos and where to put the boost in the signal chain.

I've usually got the sound I want dialed in so don't necessarily want to colour the tone much, just want a little extra kick to cut through.

I usually just drop a +12db clean boost, post amp to add some volume. But I'm wondering if there might be a better way using EQ and different kinds of boost pre and/or post.

Anyone got any top tips?

No updates for me yet, but fingers firmly crossed for this week. Sounds like they are just a few order numbers away from me now.

Just a shame that a run of 6 gigs ended last Friday...!

The Zoom and Boss acoustic sims are generally good. Rather than one being particularly better than another I generally find you just need to find one which works with whatever guitar you are using.

I've asked this more than once on the Order Status thread, but with no response. There have been some indications that the first non-early birds might have started shipping, but I ordered just 2 days before you and haven't heard anything yet.

Personally I've found the FCB1010 pretty horrible and really wished that I'd kept my Pod HD500 as a midi controller instead - it's not quite as flexible as the Uno4Kemper firmware, but the build quality of my FCB1010, particularly the expression pedals is pretty rubbish. I'd really recommend you hold on a couple of weeks.

Hi GS,

Any word on when the early bird orders in Europe will clear and 'normal' orders will start shipping?

Order #3447175 placed 26th Jan

Yes - I know I'm not an early bird, but I've still heard absolutely nothing and at the time of ordering delivery time was only 70 days... that's now past in business days and yet nothing.

I get that there was the EB scheme, and that stock appears to be tight, etc... But to not even send an update saying 'we are sorry' and provide a revised estimate is very disappointing.

Well, I'm afraid it's not that way. I ordered on Jan 17th with order number 3447115. The shop said something around 70 days delivery time then, that would have been nearly 3 weeks ago.
    I'm not a big poster in this forum, but I read it nearly every day. Except during the EB signup period because I was off for work then without Internet access.
    Of course I cannot blame anybody for that, but still it is kind of disappointing to see that orders placed later than mine are already fulfilled, only because someone put an email way before the real order. Even worse for guys that did already pay via PayPal.
    I'm aware that Kemper can't give an exact shipping date, but a bit more than something like "You're not on the early bird list, we can't give you an estimated date" would have been a nice answer from sales support.

This is me as well - it was only 70 days when I ordered, but it looks almost certain it isn't going to be. It seems unlikely to impossible that Kemper don't know their build schedule for the next 3-6 months so given the amount of time we've been waiting something a bit more customer friendly than 'you're not an early bird' wouldn't go a miss. It's not like we haven't already purchased a Kemper - we're already loyal customers!

So for me the frustration is not the long lead time (which seems excessive) or the early bird programme (which I wish I'd seen) but that after 3 months waiting I don't have a single e-mail or acknowledgement beyond what I got that very first day when I placed the order. All Kemper need to do is say something like "we expect to have cleared the early bird list by XXXXXX we will therefore start shipping standard orders from XXXX onwards".

Can sympathize with Slippery Jim a bit, my order number is just after his 3447175 non-early bird. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't know/spot the early bird program, but knew what the lead-time was when I ordered.

Perhaps the most useful question GString could answer is if he can give an indication of when all of the early birds will clear and early 'normal' orders might start shipping?

Has anyone who was not an early bird had their order progressed yet? I procrastinated about ordering so didn't place an order until 26th Jan. At that point it was still quoted as being 70 days rather than that 105 days that's now quoted. So I'm hopeful/optimistic of a delivery date towards the end of April, but I guess it's just as and when Kemper have stock coming in.

Can't wait to get rid of my FCB1010... never liked it :(